Chapter 1: What's With the XOX?

I would like to remind everyone that this is one of my first books, the only experience I have in writing a book is reading one. I don't have anything planned for this book I'm just going with the flow. I would appreciate it if you'd support the book and hit the STAR 🌟 at the bottom! Don't be a silent reader! Thank you, happy readings!

&&&&&&

"Ellie? Ellie? Ellie you need to wake up, the bell just rung!" My friend Bo said as he woke me up. Right now I'm in History... which is also my first hour.

"Sorry, Bo. I didn't get much sleep last night..." I said.

"It's okay I understand. How have things been holding up?"

"The best it's going to get."

"I'm sorry, if you ever need to get away just call. I'll come pick you up." Bo said understandingly. I walk out into the hallway and am met by a bunch of sad, sympathetic smiles and apology's. Why are they giving me sad, sympathetic smiles? Because my best friend, Misty, was brutally murdered by her deadbeat father and drunk of a mother. Nobody knows how bad it was, all they know was that she was murdered. Her funeral was 3 days ago. No one showed up but Bo and I. Not her parents because they fled and still have yet to be found. None of her family. Not the teachers. Not any other students. Just us, the only people who ever gave a darn about her.

"Listen if you need me, I'm in Mrs. Jannettes class. Just come and get me and we can go. Okay?" Bo reassured me. There's something you should know about Bo. Bo is gay, he would do anything for me. And he knows how much of a loss this is for me. He's the only person who really cares about what's going on right now.

My parents aren't around very often. They spend majority of there time in the big city's like LA or New York. They're magazine editors, they only really ever come home to make sure the house isn't burned down and I have enough money to survive until their next visit. And other times they'll come home and just drink until they leave again. Their drinking isn't pretty so I usually avoid them. Sometimes I swear they forget they even have a daughter.
__________________———_________________

I make it through the rest of the day without gaining any knowledge for the upcoming exams and such. I get into Bo's car so he can take me home. I don't talk the whole way home. Only acknowledging him with simple hums and nods. But he still tells me about yet another crush he has.

"I think I actually have a chance with him this time. He's gay too! We're going to meet up tonight, isn't that great?!" He's so excited about this, it makes me smile.

"Yeah. I hope it works out this time. There's not many other gays in or around the school."

"She finally finds her voice! But yeah I know! He's really nice, and oooooh!" The oooh comes out in a high pitched squeal. "He is so hot!" When he says that I laugh so hard.

"I thought I'd never hear that sound again!" Bo says.

"Yeah. Me neither..." I sighed. 

"Okay well I'll pick you up tomorrow?" Bo says as he pulls into my drive way.

"Yeah, thank you! Love you Bo. Thanks for being there for me." I said kissing him on the cheek.

"No problem. I'll be here at 7:30. Love you,"He said winking. I slam the car door...

§§§§§§

When I turn around I see an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I go to open the door to check and see if it's still locked. It's not. I slowly open the door and tip toe into the kitchen to see and envelope and keys on the counter. I open the envelope and see $1500 in cash. And a letter. This must mean they're going to stay away for a long time. I look in the fridge and see it's stocked. So that means they went grocery shopping. I bet they paid a maid or something. I know neither of their handwriting is that bad. I don't even know where they are. Probably in Britain or somewhere like that. The note told me that the car was mine and so was the money for the next few months. If I needed anything to contact one of their secretary's. I don't think they know about Misty. Which is what makes it worse. I could be one of those kids who rebels after tragedy, I could, it would make it so much easier because I have the house to myself. But I don't want my parents to come home and cause a bunch of trouble. I'm just not like that. Misty wouldn't want that for me. She wouldn't want me to rebel. She would want me to go to school. She would want me to get a boyfriend that treats me with respect. I'm going to for her. I'm only a sophomore, I've got plenty enough time in my life to find someone to be the one. Heck it might not even  be in high school. I bet if I do- My phone dings interrupting my thoughts. It's from Bo,
Bo: About to go on that date! Wish me luck!! xox
Dang he's reallly excited to go on this date with this guy. Dang I totally forgot to ask who...
Me: Hey, what's his name again I think I zoned out when you told me. Sorry. Good luck.
Bo: Joshua. You don't know him he goes to Washington high. xox
Me: Why do you always put xox. What does that even mean?!
Bo: kiss hug kiss. You really need to watch some more tv! xox
Me: Sorry! I've been going through quite a bit lately as you can tell!
Bo: She was my friend too!
Me:She was my BESTFRIEND!
Ding, Ding, Ding. I haven't answered his texts I'm not going to even look at them. He's making me so angry. I swear he's so self centered! He doesn't even care about how I feel right now. It's really hard on me. I'm going to eat something because I'm a stress eater. When I'm angry, upset, or stressed I eat. Which at this moment I'm all of. Im surprised I'm as skinny as I am. I grab a pint of ice cream and grab my favorite book series off the shelf. I plan on rereading the series and eating ice cream all night.
                  ————————————————————

It's not until I finish the first book and 2 pints of ice cream, that I notice how wrong I was speak to Bo that way. I mean he's done so much to help me contain myself. And Misty was on of his best friends too. So he lost a best friend too. I grab my phone to text Bo back,
Me: Hey, listen I just needed time to think about what I said. And I'm sorry. You are the best friend that I could ever have. I love you Bo. Please forgive me. When you're done with your date I've got 4 pints of ice cream left and a series of The Kardashian's recorded just waiting for you to watch. xoxoxo
It seems like forever until he finally messaged back:
Bo: I seriously considered not even checking my phone. I'm coming but just because you have ice cream and I'm broke...
Me: No xox? I get it I deserve it. But see you when you get here xox
Bo: see you there xox

•••••••••••••••••
Thank you for reading this book!! If you've made it this far just know that I would appreciate it if you could hit the star or even tell me about a mistake in the book so I can fix it!

Reading fanatic,
CatT