Chapter 6: Way To Wreck It

Excuse the mistakes and enjoy!
&&&&&&

"Wait, he just left you there? Didn't call or anything? Has he apologized?" Aaliyah asks in disbelief.

"No. I want to wait, if I wait and he apologizes it'll be more sincere." I tell her.

"Unless hes waiting for you to apologize..." she says.

"Are you serious? What did I do? Hes the one who totally blew me off! He didn't even tell me he wasn't going to make it. I waited there for 3 hours, Aaliyah! 3 hours! He didn't even have enough courtesy to tell me, 'Hey I'm not gonna make it, I'm too busy making out with my boyfriend to care about anything els-'"

"Ellie, do you really think he did it intentionally?" Aaliyah interrupts.

"Well no. But still he should've at least called. It's just... I miss him, I want him to apologize so we can be friends again. But now he has Jacob or Jared, whatever his name is, and he probably doesn't even care about me anymore. It just hurts. It makes it worse with everything else thats been going on." I confess

"Listen, I'm sure he intended to go but got hung up with his boyfriend. He does care about you. I mean you haven't talked to him for just a couple of days give him some time to figure out that hes in the wrong. He might be gay, but hes still a guy." Aaliyah comforts. That last part was what got me. From that point on I knew that she was right. He may be gay, but that doesn't change the way he acts.  He isn't a girl, he doesn't think like we do. So I can't always blame him for not thinking or doing what I want because in the end, he's still a guy.

My phone starts to rapidly buzz and the annoying default ringtone starts to fill up the silence that had surfaced between Aaliyah and I. I pick up my phone and look at the screen. It has Chance's contact on the screen.

"Hey, is it okay if I take this?" I ask Aaliyah showing her that someone's calling.

"Yeah go ahead. I'm gonna head to the gas station a few blocks away to get some candy and popcorn. You want anything?" She asks.

"I'll just have what your having, thanks."I tell her as shes walking out of the room. I click the answer button.

"Ellie? I am so so sorry. I left the school without you. I totally forgot you didn't have a ride. I'm on the highway, I'm close to the school." He says fast-paced.

"It's okay. I got a ride home." I reassure him.

"Oh okay." he says heaving. "That's good. Should I pick you up in the morning?" He asks

"Um, I'm not sure. I'm gonna see how things play out with Aaliyah first. If things g-" I stop talking to the sound of tires squealing and metal crushing. That's when I hear a blood curdling scream from Chance.

§§§§§§

"Chance? Chance, I swear if your just messing around." I say genuinely scared. "Chance! Please say something." I say genuinely worried. He doesn't say anything. I jump up, sprint out of my bedroom, through the living room swiftly picking my sweater off the back of the couch before running out the door. I catch Aaliyah just before she makes it out the driveway. I get into her car.

"You need to go to the school, NOW! Take the Highway." I demand of her.

"What, why? Is everything alright?" She asks.

"No. I need you to floor it. I'll tell you on the way." I say harshly.

We are a few blocks from the school, and I'm beginning to think it was just a hoax, until we turn a corner and I see thick smoke over some trees.We turn another corner and that's when I see it.