Chapter 5: Do Me a Favor and Get Out

Since my car broke down I'm gonna need someone to take me home. Bo has yet to apologize and I'm not going to push him for one. It would only be sincere if he comes to me and apologizes. Yes, it hurts a lot not having him as my friend at the moment. I mean who am I going to sit and watch the Kardasians with? Who am I going to talk to about how much I miss Misty, or why my life is such crap without her. I mean if it got bad I could see if Chance would want to, but even then I just met him. Yeah, I got into his car this morning and yesterday. I mean desperate means call for desperate measures. Even if I had invited him along, he wouldn't understand. No one but Bo would. That's why i need him to apologize. I need my new bestfriend back. Becuase of Misty's murder I have pushed the people that care about me the most away. Misty, Bo and I had another friend. Her name is Aaliyah. Misty, Aaliyah and I were inseparable. But after her death I blamed everyone for something they had no part in. I even excluded Bo the first few days. But he came to me and explained that I couldn't exclude myself from him because he was going to be there for me and that I wasn't going take it out him. He said we needed to stick together, we couldn't afford to loose each other now especially after the tradgidy.  But I haven't seen Aaliyah around school. But then again maybe I haven't been paying attention to anyone else. I'm in my  last class of the day, and if I remember correctly we shared this class. I look around the class, and see that her seat is occupied by a girl with blue hair. I move to the seat next to her.

"Aaliyah?" I whispered as I sat next to her. Aaliyah, Misty and I had made a pact, in 7th grade, that we would dye our hair the others favorite color when a major event happens in our lives. I totally forgot about it.

"Wha-" She stops mid word. "Oh hey... how're you doing? " She asks concerned.

"Im holding up.  I just wanted to apologize." I whisper. "I want to apologize for pushing you away when you might've needed me the most. Misty was your bestfriend too, and I shouldn't have shut you out. I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore. But I just wanted you to know how sincere I am and I feel awful about doing that to you." I say loudly, trying to over power the bell that's currently ringing. She stops gathering her things, looks me in the eyes with a straight face.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"Of co-"

"No, I mean you think you shut me out? Ellie, I ignored you. I ignored everything going on. So for that I'm sorry." She apologized. We set our things down on the desk next to us and hugged each other.

"Man you don't know how much I've missed you!" she says.

" I missed you too-"

"Girls, do me a favor and get out. I need to lock up the class before I leave for the day, and you too are just taking up my time. So wrap what ever else up in the hallway or go home with the other. I don't care just get out..." Mr. Wilson interrupts. We don't dare argue with him because he is the teacher no one ever messes with because he would give you a detention in a heartbeat. We pick up our things then leave the room.

"I need to put my things in my locker, but after that do you want to maybe come by my house in a couple hours?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course. What time? I'll check with my parents. you now how they are." Aaliyah says rolling her eyes.

"Hey, consider yourself lucky.  At least they care about you." I say.

"Your parent care about you, they just aren't around to show it. Oh My God, I wish Misty were here to beat you up. Heaven knows my scrawny arms couldn't do anything." She laughs. Its sorta sad but its also a funny laugh. I think its more of a sad laugh though. "Anyways, text me the time and I'll figure something out with my special persuasive powers. Or I'll just sneak out if they say no." She winks.

"Hey, I know that we just made up and everything but would you mind taking me home? My car is sorta broke down and I'm with out a ride."

"Yeah." she says.

"Thank you so much!" I thank while hugging her. "Dang, do I have a lot to catch you up on!" I say as we walk to our lockers.

"And I cant WAIT to hear it. Bet its as boring as ever." she says while playfully punching me on the arm.

"This day has been so wonderful so far. I've smiled and laughed which till today seemed like something I would never do again. So thank you so much Aaliyah, without you I probably still would've been with out a friend and  a ride." I say while laughing with my new old best friend.