Chapter 10: It's a Date

I'm sorry for the picture above I just couldn't resist. Her name is Layla, she's a bit of a attention hog 😂🙄 Anyways Enjoy!

&&&&&&

Amie?! What're you doing here?!" Chance said happily. "How'd you know I was here?"

"I volunteer here saw your name on the clipboard," she said pointing behind her towards the door. She seems to have forgotten about my presence, along with Chance. They just continue on with their conversation while I step to the side and listen in.

"Thats cool. I didn't know you volunteered here." Chance told her.

"Yeah. I've only volunteered here for what? 2 weeks now?" She questioned him. "I don't know. But it's been so much fun! When your released you should definitely come up here and do it with me." She offered him.

"Yeah. I'll look into it."

Who is this chick?! Amie. What kind of name is that?! She seems super close to him. Maybe they're siblings? Cousins? I don't think they'd be dating because he's new around here. No way he would know anyone down here that quick. I eventually tune in their conversation again.

"...out for coffee?" He finished his question. What? He's asking her for coffee. Maybe they are dating.
Why? What does he see in that... that... pink sugar stick. God what am I saying. She looks like freaking cotton candy. Just a really thin, pretty thing of cotton candy. Dang, no wonder he's asking her out for a date.

Why did I stay here? I'm obviously no good enou-

Wait! We're just friends. Nothing more. I didn't think of anything like that.

"Great, it's a date," she says jumping. He winks at her. Doing something weird thing with his hand.

Wink? Why'd he wink at cotton candy chick?

"Did it happen to have my release date on the clipboard?" He asked hopefully.

"Nope Sorry. It only shows the patient, their room number and the problem. I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to be." She told him. They both must've really forgotten about me.

"What'd it say about me?" He asked.

"Chance Hale, 314, something about a wreck then temporary coma and fractured pelvis. Something like that. I didn't memorize it" she listed.

"Dang. Nice" He said. I'm contemplating whether I should intervene. Let them know I'm still here. I'm about to do it when he continues. "So nothing about my release date?"

"Nope."

"Okay. I'll text you when I'm out and we can meet up." He told her.

"Sounds good." She says.

I'm doing it.

"Hi I'm Ellie, and you?" I said my hand out for her to meet.

"I'm Amie Carrey, " She said with a duh expression, like I was supposed to know that!

"Nice to meet you. How do you know Chance?" I ask as nonsubtly as possible.

She looked at Chance. Looking back to me with a devilish smirk and squinted eyes.

"Oh don't you know?! Chance and me and dating."

DATING?

I look at Chance to see if this was true. He looks at me with a blank face and then begins to smile. His smile getting wider and wider, until he's laughing. Soon Alyssia is laughing as well. Alyssias holding her stomach. While Chance is groaning in pain but still laughing.

"We're- we're- no- not- dating." Alyssia says gasping for air. "You should've seen the look on your face!" She says while squealing out in laughter again.

"You're not?"

"Who's the jealous one now?" Chance said raising an eyebrow

"Still you," I said laughing a bit.  "So how do you guys know each other?"

"Oh, we grew up together. Practically siblings," She says her attention on me now. "But I moved to Italy a year ago. Been back for a year now." Ahh I knew I heard some sort of accent. She takes her phone out and looks at it. "Darn, I've got to go to another patient. I'm sorry Chance."She says looking at him, mimicking the hand movements he had made not too long ago.

"Your fine. Can't keep you from saving lives," He said winking. I inwardly cringe, she volunteers doubt she saves lives I thought rolling my eyes.

Stop. Stop, don't be jealous. Your not supposed to be jealous. You have no right to! My inner voice scolded.

"Ha! Yeah, I wish. That'd be great." She says zoning out. She soon comes back to reality. And turns to me. "You should give me your number. We could totally hang out sometime." She tells me.

Really? She wants to 'hang out'. Bet that's not her intention. Shell probably kill me or something. I don't know if I like her much, she's too mysterious.

"Yeah! That'd be great!" I say. We exchanged numbers then she left the room quietly shutting the door.

"You're sooo jealous!" Chance saying breaking me of my fixed stare on the door.

"Am not!" I say snapping my head towards him.

"You totally were! I saw it in your face." He claimed.

"Paleez, you totally forgot I was even in here until I introduced myself." I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe you shouldn't have been so quiet." He said.

"In case you forgot, that what I am. I'm a shy quiet girl. I surprised myself when I spoke." I laughed sitting down on the side of his bed.

"You are anything but shy and quiet." He said readjusting himself to the side so I could move next to him instead of sat the foot of the bed

"Well I'm not exactly outgoing and loud" I said. "I'm just average."

"Average can be go-" He was interrupted by a knock on the door. The door busts open and Bo walks in. I get up carefully so I don't hurt Chance, then run to Bo. I jump at his and wrap my legs around his waist.

"God I've missed you so much!!" I said.

"I knew it." He said letting me down. "Now let's go to the caf I'm starving!" He said grabbing my hand and dragging me.

I dig my heels into the ground, which stops him. I turn to look at Chance. I see his eyes are narrowed and arms are crossed. When he sees me turning he quickly turns to look at the tv.

"Chance," I say walking up to his bed. "Do you mind us going to the caf? We can bring something sick for you"

"You can go. But since you going down anyways get me ice cream," he said a bit harshly, his eyes trained on the tv the whole time, not leaving it once. 

"Okay, strawberry?"

"Yes. " he says still not looking a me.

"Okay, be back soon." I said turning. 

I turned back to face him before closing the door and whisper, "Wrong, you're the jealous one now." Then I closed the door.