Chapter 14: Beaten and Bruised

"Eliana! Get your a$$ inside this house right now before you make me hurt you! Who the f—k is this? Is this your boyfriend?" My father asks stepping closer to us, getting angrier. "You don't deserve him, look at him then look at you! Ha! How did I get such an ugly, disrespectful child?" My father slurred getting closer to me with each word. Until he finally grabbed me by the hair hard and started to drag me back up the yard. I can tell he's had a lot to drink because of the aggression.

"D-Dad! P-P-Please stop." I wailed in pain.

My father shoved me to the ground by my head, and then kicked me.

"Don't call me that!" He seethed, kicking me again. He kept kicking.

"Stop!" I cried out.

"You don't tell me what to do, B***h!" He screamed raising the beer bottle above his head. I closed my eyes tightly, bracing for the impact.

It never came, instead I opened my eyes to my father on the ground, a couple feet away, clutching his bleeding nose. Next thing I know I was being lifted to my feet and dragged back to Chance's car. He sets me in the passenger seat and buckled me. Then runs to the driver side and gets in. He takes off before my father can get to the car. He buckled himself as we were driving off.

"Ellie? Are you hurt? Do I need to take you to the hospital?" He asks. It's now that I notice, I'm crying. Not just crying but sobbing profusely. My ribs hurt and the heavy breathing and panting isn't making it better. My head is throbbing in pain, I can feel my eye bruising and swelling. I shake my head, answering his questions.

"Okay. I'm going to take you to my house, my mom can help you." He said looking over at me. "Do I need to call someone?"

"There is no one. I have no one." I answer looking out the window. Why does he always have to be there for the bad parts?

"Bo?"

"I'm not going to interrupt his date." I said. "It's not even that bad." I lied. It's awful. In that moment I thought I was going to die. That's more angry than he's ever been, and I don't know why. Everywhere hurts, I just want to crawl into a black hole and cry. I don't want to talk, and I don't want pity.

"Ellie, this is terrible! How can you say that?!" He yelled.

"Just don't tell anyone. Okay? I like the way things are, he won't be home for very long anyways." I say trying to convince him.

"Fine, but I'll have to tell my mom, she can help you."

"Okay, thank you for everything." I said to him, lying my head on the headrest and closing my eyes.

"Anytime," I heard him say before I drifted off into a darkness.

§§§§§§

"Chance! Why did you let her go to sleep? If she has a concussion this could be bad." I kept my eyes closed as I listened to the woman scolding Chance.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think much about it. A lot was happening and she looked at peace." He defended.

"Of course she look at peace, son! She could in a coma now for all we know!" She stated worriedly.

I felt my shirt being lifted, but I was too exhausted to lift a muscle to stop. Let alone my eyes.

"Oh my-" I heard Chance say.

"That man is a monster! Look at this! You have to tell someone." I can't remember what happened. Only that I was with Chance, and now I'm here.

"I can't. I promised her," Chance said.