Chapter 2: There WAS a Spark!

Support the book and hit the STAR 🌟 at the bottom! Thanks
&&&&&&

7 hours later Bo and I are still awake finishing off a series of the Kardashian's. School starts in 30 minutes and I can hardly keep my eyes open. 
"I think I'm gonna skip today, I can't with everyone's stupid apologies cause I know they mean nothing. I'm too tired for that crap I'll probably explode if I do," I complain.
"Yeah, same. But I have that chemistry test today for Mrs. Jannette's class. So I sorta have to go..."  Bo says.
"I thought that was yesterday?"
"It was but I didn't get to her class. "
"Weren't you heading off to her class 2nd hour?" I asked
"Yeah but, Carlos stopped me. We made out in the janitors closet. Then he just ran off, so I ended up just going to Parks class late. But it's okay, he's a cheating liar anyways."Bo said rolling his eyes.
"Dang, how do you get more action than I do?" I asked sarcastically.
"You probably would had you not been so attached to Misty. I mean her death has ruined you! I mean I talked about you to Joshua for like 5 minutes. Then we made out the rest of the time."
"Ew. So he pretty much made out with Carlos too?"
"Heck no! I brushed my teeth before I went to Park's room. I think Joshua and I are official..."
"You went on one date!"
"And? There was a spark!"
"Yeah okay. You said that about Carlos too..." I stated.
"That was a literal shock! Static electricity or something." Bo defended.
"Yeah okay. Whatever you have to tell yourself."
"Shut it. Are you coming to school or not?"
"No, I have some of your extra clothes here if you want to change."
"Yeah that'd be nice, thanks" Bo said. As I walk to the linen closet, where I kept a pair of pants and a tee shirt for him, I heard his phone ring.
"Hey...No, why you wanna meet up or something?... okay I'll see you there... bye."
"What was that about?" I say as I walk in the living room.
"It was Joshua, turns out I'm not going to school after all. We're meeting at The Slurp Shack for burgers and a shake if you want to come?"
"And be the third wheel. I'd rather sit in my own sorrow all day."I say
"Please try a loosen up a bit," he says as he grabs his keys walking to the front door, "it's what Misty would've wanted."
"Your right. I'll go to the Slurp Shack later. But when you and Joshua get done with your make out session call me. Maybe we could meet up and go to eat at Pops Diner?"
"That sounds nice. Call you later! Love youuuu! He says as he slams the door, "oops sorry. Just excited!" He apologizes. He quietly shuts the door this time.

Now to finish off that book series...

§§§§§§

I'm now at Pops Diner waiting for Bo. He texted me 20 minutes before I got here saying that he would meet me here. I thought I was running late so I rushed into the diner only to find out he was running late too. That was nearly 3 hours and 17 texts ago. I pay the bill, grab my keys and coffee then start to walk to the door. I look at my phone once more to see if he decided to text back, when I ran into a hard wall and my coffee spills on my shirt. I let out a pained scream and look up to see a pair of eyes looking down at me, with a worried expression.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Here..." he says as he quickly hands me a napkin to wipe my chest down. I do so but then look up at him. Now that I get a good look at him I see that hes not hideous. His hair is a platinum blonde and his eyes are blue. He has a few freckles sprinkled along his nose and cheek bones. That's when reality sets back in and I realize that I've been gawking at him while my shirt is soaked and burning my skin. I pull the shirt forward off of my skin.

"Here." He says handing me his sweater. I take it because my shirt is white and I'm not comfortable with people seeing anything underneath my shirt, "I can get you a new coffee, sorry about your shirt. Wanna sit here so I can order you another coffee as a replacement?" He asks.

"Sure, you don't really need to buy me a new coffee. Most of it was probably going to go to waste anyways." I tell him as I sit down.

"No no! I ruined it by running into you, the least I could do is buy you another one. I'm so sorry again." He apologizes.

"First, I wasn't paying attention it's my fault. Second, you really don't have to-" I don't finish the sentence because a waitress walks over.

"Hey, can I get you anything?"

"Yeah. What kind of coffee was it?" He asks.

I sigh and tell the waitress the coffee I had.

"My names Chance Hale by the way." Chance sticks his hand out to shake mine.

"I'm Ellie," I tell him while shaking his hand.

"Hi Ellie." He laughs. "What school do you go to?"

"I go to Bakersfield High. You? "

"I'm new here. But I was concidering going to Bakersfield. Is it any good?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. Just a lot has happened this past year so people aren't as happy as they used to be." I told him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Uh. My frie- Best friend," I correct, as tears began to form on my eyelashes. "Was-"

"You don't have to explain if it's going to upset you." He said as a I swept a tear off my cheek.

"Thank you," I say sniffling.

"You don't have to thank me. The school called me not too long ago telling me that I could start school within this next week. Do you think I could get your number, just in case I need help getting around the school?" He asked.

"Sure." I say as I grab a napkin and write my number down. I hand him the napkin. "Call me tomorrow and I'll meet you at the front of the school to show you around." I told him. "I've got to go," I say handing him his sweater. I would love to stay, but I've got a gay guy to kill." I said.

"Okay," He laughed. "See you tomorrow." He said as he waved goodbye.