Chapter 4: Dead Battery

Support the book and hit the STAR 🌟 at the bottom! What do you think of the cover above?
&&&&&&

I wake up to my phone ringing. I look at the screen to find out it's just my alarm. Gawd I don't want to go to school today. But I've skipped too many classes this semester, if I'm actually sick I'm gonna have to go to school cause I've used up my max amount of classes to be missed this semester. We get a total of 10 class absences. I've missed 8 classes this semester, I'm gonna try to stop skipping because I'm failing 2 classes already, and heaven knows whether my parents are going to give me money for college so I need to grow up. So I get up and start my daily routine, that was before Misty died.

I'm dressed and have makeup on. I haven't dressed fancy or anything, I've got mascara and lip gloss on. I've also got simple light blue skinny jeans, a tee-shirt and black flats on. I grab my coffee and keys and head out to my car.

I put the keys in the ignition and turn the key. Nothing. It does this stutter stop thing that you see in the movies. I don't have time for this! I'm gonna have to call a tow truck or something to pick up my car. I need to get to school but Bo still hasn't apologized, I don't want to call him. I can see if Chance will take me... I call him.

"Hey, what're you up to?" I ask him.

"Hi, nothing much about to leave for the school. What's up?"

"My car sorta broke down and I need a ride to the school. Do you think you could pick me up?"

"Yeah of course. Text me your address and I'll  come to pick you up okay?"

"Okay. I sent it. Thank you!" I thank him.

"Alright, I don't think that's too far from where I am. I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye."

                              **********
Around 5 minutes later Chance is pulling into my driveway.

"Was up ELLIE?!" Chance practically screams

"Oh my, you are way too happy in the mornings."

"Maybe your just not happy enough," he says.

Doesn't he have that right...

"Or maybe..." he says smirking at me, the smirk is quickly replaced by a straight face though. "You've just had a rough morning. Come on chick, I can't afford to be late on my second day!!!"

"Well" I drawl out.

"Ellie NO! Get in the car or I'm leaving you." Chance says. I'm not sure whether he's joking or not.

"Ok" I sigh, getting into his car.

"So why did you move here?" I ask Chance.

"Um... I'd rather not talk about that for now." He says.

"Oh, well okay." I sigh. He looks at me then back to the road.  After a few minutes of silence he turns the radio on. It stays like that until we get to the school. He doesn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I must have really hit a nerve. I need to find out why he won't tell me, he at least owes it to me. I mean come on, I told him about Misty. The least he could do is tell me about why he moved here.