Chapter 15: Consider Yourself Lucky

"That- That- That- Urg!" I growled, pacing the Hales living room. "There is no word to describe him! He's done this before but never this bad! It was always just a little punch or whatever. He could've killed me!" I turned to look at Chance. He looked at me with concern covering his face.

I continue to pace around the room, muttering curses underneath my breath. I don't hurt right now, the anger is overpowering everything. My pain, my senses, and my mind.

That ashole! How could he do this to me! He doesn't even care... never has. If he did he'd have followed.

"God," I screamed in anger.

"Elia, I understand your angry but you need to keep your voice down. My mom might hear you." Chance said, glancing behind him.

"Understand?! How could you possibly understand what I'm going through?! Do you have 2 practically absent parents, who only come home to drink and beat you? Do you? No! So you couldn't possibly understand!" I yelled at Chance, my anger getting the best of me. I went to their front door, opened it and ran.

I heard Terry come into the living room, but I didn't look back. I just kept running and running, my mind and vision fogging. When I finally stopped running, I looked around at my surroundings. I had ran all the way to my house...

I found myself marching to the front door. My rational side was begging me to stop, saying that I was just going to get more hurt. But my anger, was overpowering those thoughts. And all I wanted was to kill the people, who beat me when they finally come home, but leave the next day without a goodbye.

Before I could open the front door, someone grabbed my hand harshly. I looked back and saw Chance grasping my hand, pulling me to his car. I tried to yank my hand out of his grip, but every time I tried his grip would get tighter. I dug my feet into the ground, and managed to slow us down a bit. Chance stopped dragging me and let go of my hand. He turned around sharply, his face blank of emotion.

"Stop! I have to do this! You saw what he did to me!"

"Elia, you're already hurt. There is no way that I'm goin-" I began to march towards the house again more angry than before.

I heard Chance groan in frustration. I made it back to the door, when my arm was grabbed again and I was spun around. Suddenly I wasn't on my feet anymore. I was being carried bridal style.

"Put me down." I seethed, punching his chest. If it hurt him, he was good at not showing it.

"Not until you get out of this crazy phase your in."

"I'm not being crazy, he deserves to be killed!" I growled as he set me down in the passenger seat of the car.

"I'm going over to the other side of the car, if you get out of the car I'm taking you to the hospital, understand?" He said. I nodded stiffly. "Okay." He sighed. Closing my door then going to his side.

He got in and we left my house. We didn't talk for a long time, the pain was slowly coming back. After I calmed down, I noticed that we weren't going back to his house.

"Where are we going?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Hospital." He answered.

"No, you promised. We made a deal." I said turning towards him. I winced.

"Turn and face forward, lay the chair back if you have to. I don't want you to be hurting." He said worriedly glancing at me.

"Don't tell me what to do," I said, but I still obliged. "I don't want to go to the hospital. How am I supposed to tell them what happened?"

"Firstly, you made the deal with my mom. I had planned on keeping out promise until you ran out the door still injured. You could have made everything worse. That's why I'm taking you to the hospital. And tell them the truth."

"Oh yeah. Cause that'll turn out great.." I said. "'Hi, my dad beat me. I got taken to a friends house unconscious, woke up, ran a mile and a half back to my house to try and kill my father. Mind telling me if I'm severely injured? Oh yeah, I don't think I can pay for the bills either.' That sound like what I should say?" I said getting riled up again.

"Listen, I know you don't like hospitals. I will stay with you the whole time, okay? And the money thing, I can help you out the best I can. But I'm not going to let something happen to you if there is something wrong. Okay? Please, just trust me I'm not going to anything to hurt you. I only want to help you." Chance said.

"Thank you, Chance."

"For what?" He asked glancing at me.

"For staying around, even with all my crazy problems."

"Well I wouldn't have stuck around if they were normal. So consider yourself lucky," he winked. I rolled my eyes.

Before I could retort, we pulled into the hospital. I forgot that we were heading here. Dang.

Chance found a parking spot close to the hospital, then stopped. He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out. He came to my side of the car then picked me up bridal style again. I winced. He began to walk towards the hospital, as we neared the doors he whispered, "Ready?"

"Hardly." I answered. Then he walked in.

‰‰‰‰‰‰‰

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating lately , but I've been really busy.
I've also been lazy.

I recently got a job for the summer so I don't have a lot of to write, but I will try. And it also just depends on if I feel like writing. Some days I get major writers block. But I've had the first paragraph written for about a month now, I just didn't have any inspiration to write anymore in that time. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Btw, the picture in the beginning is of my brother with a good view of the lake.

Til next time,

Cat 😊