[2] ; POTIONS 101

✧∘ଂ ࿐

✧∘ଂ ࿐

THE BROWN, RUDDY Sorting Hat had been placed upon the young dark witches head. Aubrey was currently being sorting, as were the other transfers and first years. The word that came out of the hat's mouth was not a surprise to Aubrey-Slytherin. The Slytherin house table broke out in applause and cheer, happy to gain another student. Aubrey smiled with great joy, joining her classmates over at the table. She had taken an open spot next to Draco and a dark-skinned boy, whose name she discovered was Blaise Zabini. Her glaze drifted off to the infamous raven-haired boy hastily walking late into the Dining Hall, with a tissue over his nose, blood staining the white cloth.

She noticed Draco had a smirk on his face, his eyes following in the direction of the Potter boy. "Really, Draco?" Aubrey questioned.

"He deserved it," Draco shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal.

Aubrey scoffed, rolling her eyes in response. "Real mature."

Draco had ignored his adoptive sister's glances, turning his attention to his two sidekicks, Crabbe and Goyle. Aubrey stared in the direction of Harry and his two best friends. She thought about how she would be able to gain Harry's trust, knowing that she was a Slytherin. Aubrey knew from the get-go that she would be placed in the most cunning Hogwarts house; but she there was a slight chance she could be placed in one of the other three.

Harry had caught the inspecting glance of the brunette-haired witch, he frowned a little, before turning back to his conversation with Ron.

"So, rumor is that your Draco's adoptive sister," Blaise had said, as Aubrey turned to face him.

Aubrey grinned. "The rumors are true. Gladly, I'm nothing like my twat of a brother."

Blaise chuckled. "You're more intriguing."

She raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "That a good thing?"

Blaise smirked in response. "A very good thing."

Headmaster Dumbledore had stood at the podium, his arms raising to his side, silencing the chattering students and staff. Aubrey was grateful for it, considering Blaise's pathetic attempts at flirting weren't having an effect on her.

"Very best evenings to you all," Dumbledore had warmly began. "First of all, let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, he has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Masters." Dumbledore had gestured to a short, pudgy man who had stood up from the table. He smiled at the applauding students before sitting back down. Mutters had went around the room, knowing Professor Snape was the teacher for Potions.

"Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts, will be taken by Professor Snape," Dumbledore mentioned, gesturing toward a man with black, greasy-like hair.