[10] ; POISONED

✧∘ଂ ࿐

✧∘ଂ ࿐

AUBREY WAS ABRUPTLY woken up from her sleep by Professor Snape late one evening. He had mentioned to her that Ron had been poisoned. Aubrey grew worrisome, instantly making her way to Madam Pomfery's hospital wing. She joined the group of teachers, with Harry and Hermione.

"What the hell happened?" Aubrey expressed staring at the sleeping red-haired Weasley.

"Ron was poisoned," Hermione stated.

Aubrey rolled her eyes. "Obviously, I know that, Hermione. I meant how-when?"

"He had been eating chocolates induced with a love potion. They were supposed to mine, Romilda Vane had left them for me," Harry explained, a brewing jealously bubbling up in her blood. "So, I took him to Slughorn's to see if he can fix him. And he did, and then Slughorn offered us a drink. And the drink was laced with poison."

"Merlin..." Aubrey trailed off, shaking her head.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar," Dumbledore praised the raven-haired boy. "You should be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Ah, yes. Very proud," Slughorn vaguely said, looking distance.

"Harry, you saved Ron?" Aubrey asked in amazement. Harry flushed, looking down at the ground. Aubrey knew he was way too modest to admit he saved his best friend's life.

"I think we agree Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary?" McGonagall chimed in, looking confused.

"I, indeed," Dumbledore nodded in agreement. This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?" Slughorn shook his head, trying hard to remember.

"By the way, it possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry. When not polluted with poison," Dumbledore added in, taking a whiff of the bottle in his hands.

Slughorn looked at him with a glint of guilt. "Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift, myself."

"To whom, might I ask?"

"To you, headmaster," Slughorn muttered in disappointment.

Aubrey knew immediately who had given Slughorn the bottle of poison liquor-Draco. She wanted to put his head on stick and march it around for all to see.

"Where is he?" Lavender Brown's high pitched voice broke into the room; everyone clenched their faces in distress. "Where's my Won-Won?"