[21] : EPILOGUE

✧∘ଂ ࿐

✧∘ଂ ࿐

AFTER THE BATTLE of Hogwarts, Harry had went back to Aubrey's body. He knelt down, picking her up bridal style, picking himself back up, taking both of them back to the nearly destroyed Dining Hall, where students and staff were at. Heads turned, looking at the Potter boy and the love of his life's dead corpse in his arms; giving him sympathetic, pity glances. Harry couldn't feel anything, he was numb. It was only a matter of time before he would feel grief, but right now, he didn't want to feel anything anymore.

Harry knew he should be thrilled, and celebrating with his fellow wizards and witches, that Voldemort was killed. But he couldn't bring himself to feeling happy, because Aubrey was dead. She was gone. She was never coming back.

Aubrey's funeral was anything but mundane. It was held outside, on a beach. Many Hogwarts students and staff had attended the funeral, as they all loved and adored Aubrey. Narcissa and Draco even attended, excluding Lucius, who never considered Aubrey as a daughter.

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Draco were the only ones who stood up to the podium to say their eulogies to the deceased, Aubrey Thomas. Hermione's was heartfelt, consisting of numerous stories of their pure friendship. Ron's was humorous, adding his own stories of how Aubrey really impacted his life. Draco's was tear-jerking, expressing how guilty he felt for how he treated her all these years, and how she will always be his sister. Harry's eulogy made everyone cry; his was raw, powerful, and beautiful.

Months passed since Aubrey Thomas died during the battle. Harry was not coping with the grief. He put his Auror training on hold, putting his whole life on hold, still grieving the loss of his one true love.

All Harry did was drink his sorrows down in Firewhiskey, lay on the couch, not being able to get up. He was truly a mess and was not moving the grieving process along. Everyone else was moving on with their lives, having Aubrey's memory live on in their hearts and what they do in their lives.

Hermione busted open Harry's locked apartment door, marching into the living room, where her best friend was laying, unmoving at. Ron was right behind, as they stood in front of the raven-haired boy.

"Get up, Harry," Hermione demanded, ripping the blanket off of his body.

He groaned in annoyance, looking up at his two best friends. His face was unshaved, dark circles painted under his eyes, his hair unkept and untidy.

"What the hell, Hermione!" Harry hissed, dropping his empty bottle of Firewhiskey.

"Harry, just get up," Ron insisted, shaking his head.