[8] ; SPEWING LIES

✧∘ଂ ࿐

✧∘ଂ ࿐

AUBREY WATCHED THE Burrow ignite in flames, horror glowing on her face. She knew she was too late; the damage had already been done. The witch gulped in fear, slowly approaching the scene. She heard the shouts of the Weasley family and Lupin calling after a certain Potter boy. He had ran off into the field, chasing after Bellatrix (who was hysterically laughing, and screaming "I killed Sirius Black"), and Greyback, his won pointed at them both, spells shooting out. Ginny had followed in tote-jealously seething through the brunette's veins. Aubrey shook the feeling, standing beside Hermione and Ron.

"Aubrey?" Hermione glazed at the witch in bewilderment.

"The bloody hell is she doing here?" Ron hissed in disgust, his glaze narrowing in on her.

The Thomas girl knew Harry must've told them what he heard during the night of Slughorn's Christmas party.

Guilt clouded her mind; she felt such betrayal toward the golden trio.

"To clear things up," Aubrey claimed, fiddling with her hands.

Before the two could muster something up, Harry, Ginny, Remus, and Tonks had came back from the field, gathering together with the Weasley family. Arthur had calmed down the flames, flourishing the homey, comforting home once again.

Harry's eyes immediately darted toward Aubrey, a look of deception filled his emerald-green eyes. "You!" Harry hollered at the witch, resulting in her to flinch heavily.

Harry marched up to her, pointed at her accusingly, his eyes glaring in hers. "Were you apart of this too?" He questioned, referring to the scene that just took place. Aubrey shook her head quickly, her lips quivering.

"No!" Aubrey insisted. "I had nothing to do with this! I just came from the Malfoy's, after our Christmas dinner." She seamlessly lied-surprising, she was good at telling lies. Her truths sounded like lies at this point.

Harry didn't look too convinced. His glare still locked deeply with hers, as she stared at him with innocence. Aubrey's goal was to make Harry believe her lies; she knows those lies would unravel themselves and the truth would spill out, but she wanted to make the most of it beforehand.

By this point, the Weasley family had vacated into the house, as Remus and Tonks had left.

"Explain," Harry demanded.

"Harry, stop! You're making her tremble," Hermione grimaced, wrapping a single arm around the brunette's shoulder.

Ron scoffed. "You heard what Harry said, Hermione. Aubrey is a Death Eater-just like her family," he spat.