Chapter 10: Know

Jungkook walks into the KIM EnT building. It's his first day on the job and he's feeling a little bit too excited. Yes, he's been working with Junho for years, but it wouldn't be same here. He crosses his finger, hoping that everything would be okay.

"Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook, the new art director here"

"Ah, Mr. Jeon! You've finally decide to join us huh? Welcome!"

Jungkook shakes his hand with the CEO of the Company, Kim seokjin. He gestures Jungkook to follow him towards the worker's desks and introduces everyone there to Jungkook.

"Meet, Lisa our copy editor, fact checker Chanyeol, magazine editor Baekhyun, marketing technologist Irene and Jimin, junior editor. We have one more but she's absent today, Yura, our photo editor." Seokjin gestures them to say hello to Jungkook. One by one of the staff starts to wish a good welcome to Jungkook but his eyes is fixed on the one and only small yet attractive man named Park Jimin or now known as Kim Jimin in front of him.

Either the stars are blessing him or cursing him for making him meeting Jimin again, he didn't know. But he wants to think that this is a bless.

"Congratulations Mr. Jeon!" Jimin giggles before offering his hand to Jungkook. Jungkook laughs and shakes his hand with a smile on his face.

'This day is going to be awesome!'

---------------------------------------------

"Jimin ah! I need 300 copy of this by Uhh 11.00am sharp!"

"Kim Jimin, where's my coffee? I've been waiting!"

"Oh my god Jimin! You haven't finish editing yet!? I've only gave you like 15 pages!"

"Jimin, Jin needs his lunch set, the flowery lunchbox at the usual."

"Jimin I want beef for my lunch. Lisa wants something light, low calories. She's on diet. And oh Baekhyun oppa just want his usual Americano."

All day long, Jungkook can hear Jimin's name being called. 'Jimin do this', 'Jimin do that', 'do it faster', no matter what, everyone seems to ask Jimin to do it for them. Even the CEO himself? And the thing that makes him mad is this Park Jimin himself. He never say no, all he did is just 'Yes' and 'Sorry'.

"Hyung, why did you guys asks Jimin to do everything? I mean, he has his own works to do and you guys can just make copies, buy you own lunch and coffee by yourself." Jungkook asks Chanyeol, he can't stand it anymore.

"He's just too--- pure? Yeah. Something like that. Besides he never says no"

"Seriously? This is bullying!" Jungkook frowns, his hands balls into fists. He's trying his best to suppress his angers.

"Oh MY GOD! Kim Jimin you clumsy little--- ugh!! Look at what've you done to my skirt!"

Jungkook heard Irene shouts. He looks at her direction and finds Jimin, wiping up the coffee on the floor while apologize at Irene. And Irene is standing there, complaining, and scolding Jimin out loud. The others didn't even say anything like its normal situation for them. That's it! Jungkook had enough of this.

"What happened?" Jungkook grabs Jimin's wrist, pulling him to stand up properly. His questions goes to Irene, but his eyes fixed on Jimin who's trembling with face as guilty as hell.

"He spills that coffee on me on purpose this little bitch!"

"N-No! I swear it was accident! I—I didn't mean to bump into you!" Jimin tried to plead.

"What!? You're saying that this is my fault now!? You-re so-----"Irene shouts again.

"Enough! He apologized. And you can just wipe that coffee stain. It's not permanent anyway." Jungkook pulls Jimin's hand towards the pantry. His heart beats fast, compressing his anger.

"Hyung! What the hell!? It wasn't your fault! Why did you have to apologize like that!? And I've seen you today, the WHOLE DAY! You let yourself being bullied! What is wrong with you!? Where's the feisty little Jimin that I've known?" Jungkook lets out his frustrations.

"Jungkook—I *sigh* I need to keep this job. I need to be on everyone's good side! I need the money Jungkook, I'm not born silver spoon like you. So what if they asks me a little help? So what if I apologize for something that I did wrong? Thank you for helping me just now, but you just make it worst." Jimin left Jungkook there with frowns.

The rest of the day went without those two talk or even look at each other. Jungkook didn't even care even when the rest of them keeps on bullying Jimin, ordering him around like some maid. But Jungkook did notice something. Their CEO, Seokjin, seems oblivious about this. They didn't show it on his face. Everytime Seokjin is around, everyone do their job perfectly well. But once he's in his office, Jimin would be the one who's doing everything. Jungkook is so eager to tell Seokjin about this, but he's still mad at Jimin.

Even when they're getting ready to go back, Jimin still refuse to talk to Jungkook and Jungkook didn't even mind that.........

Well of course he did! He just didn't want to show it to Jimin.

-----------------------------------------------

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook snaps his head up, looking at Taehyung who's frowning and pouting at him. He blinks a few time and realizes that he's in his apartment with Taehyung.

"What?" Jungkook said in annoyance.

"I asked you what happened. You look like you're killing someone kook."

"Ughhh I don't get it!"

"Get what?" Taehyung shouts, clearly confused with Jungkook's behavior.

"So, me and Jimin hyung works at the same place. Things are o-kay until I saw he's being bullied by almost everyone there! I mean why did he still works there if he's being ordered around like slave!? And he's not even majoring in----whatever that is! He's a dancer for fuck sake! I don't get it! How poor are they that he needs to work that hard!? Namjoon hyung must've make millions with his job!" Jungkook crossed his arm over his chest.

".................... Jungkook. Haven't you heard about it? Or are you just kidding me?" Taehyung frowns, looking at Jungkook straight in his eyes.

"Heard about what?" Jungkook was confused. He didn't understand what Taehyung is trying to say.

"Namjoon hyung. He passed away in like three years ago. I emailed you about it."

Jungkook feels like a bomb exploded in his heart. His head hurts. He can't breathe properly for a second, trying to process the words that came out of Tae's mouth in his brain. Taehyung must've been joking. It was impossible right!? His best friend, his brother, died??

"Tae, it's not funny."

"Damn it! That's why you never replied to my emails! You didn't get that did you!?"

"No! I didn't! Do you think I wouldn't be here three years ago if I know about this!? How did this happened!?"

"Car accident. He died in a car crash"

Jungkook feels his head lighten, his world is spinning. It can't be, Namjoon can't be dead. He didn't even get the chance to meet him. He didn't even get to thank him, to say sorry. He didn't even get to say anything. Jungkook's breathe hitched. Tears wouldn't stop flowing from his eyes.

"Jungkook......................"

"No! It can't be! He can't be dead! I haven't done anything for him! Oh my god tae. Why? Just why!? Damn it! Why him!? Tae, I didn't get to say anything to him. Not a single---- oh god" Jungkook falls on the floor. Tae just lets his best friend cries, letting out all the emotions he had inside him.

Everything makes sense now. Why Jungkook didn't say anything when he told him about Namjoon. Why he's been silencing himself over these years. Jungkook didn't receive those emails that they've sent to him.

#######################################