Chapter 14: For

"Hyung, let me send you home. I missed Minjoon" Jungkook offers, as soon as he spots Jimin at his desk, preparing to leave the office.

"Okay Jungkook. I guess it's a good idea. I don't know what happened but Minjoon seems a little bit—sad lately. He rarely talks about anything with me anymore."

Jungkook frowns hearing that. Just the other day he saw Minjoon smiling and laughing happily when they went fishing last time. Once they reached Jimin's house, Jungkook spots Minjoon is sitting silently, coloring with his babysitter. After a few minute, Minjoon's babysitter excused herself and went home.

"Hey buddy. What are you coloring?"

Silence

"It's pretty nice. What is this?" Jungkook tried again, pointing at one of his drawing that looks like half cat and half fish.

Still silence

"Kim Minjoon! Where's your manners? You should greet uncle Jungkook" Jimin crosses his arm on his chest.

Minjoon said nothing, he stands up, leaving his colors and papers and walks straight to his bedroom. He closes the door and lies down on the bed. Jimin and Jungkook looks at one another in shock. Minjoon has never act like that. Especially not when Jimin is scolding him. Jimin was about to go to Minjoon's bedroom, but Jungkook stops him, saying that let him try to talk to Minjoon first.

"Hey buddy. Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?" Jungkook caress Minjoon's hair lightly. Just then he notices that Minjoon has been crying with the faint sobs coming out from his mouth.

"Hey.... Did I hurt you? Did I broke any of our promises? What's wrong?" Jungkook tried to turn Minjoon around, making him facing Jungkook.

"Dad----daddy" Minjoon breathe out heavily. Jungkook's eyes widen. Jimin's heart clenched at that word.

"Did you miss daddy? It's okay buddy. I miss him too." Jungkook immediately hugs Minjoon. He didn't know what else to say.

"I want daddy to stay. I don't daddy to marry her. Why can't daddy marry appa? Please don't leave me daddy"

Jungkook froze for second. Realizing what happened. Minjoon wasn't missing his daddy, he's calling Jungkook as his daddy. Jungkook didn't even dare to glance at Jimin at this time.

"Kim Minjoon!" Jimin shouts. Shocked with what he heard.

"Daddy stay with us... please......" Minjoon keeps on crying, clutching his small hands on Jungkook's shirts.

"I—I won't leave... I promised" Jungkook wipes away Minjoon's tears.

"That is enough! Jungkook is not your daddy!" Jimin walks towards them and pulls Minjoon away. He picks Minjoon in his arm, bringing him to other room and puts him there. Minjoon was crying hard. He keeps on reaching for Jungkook but Jimin wouldn't even let Jungkook to touch him.

"Jungkook. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. He just missed his dad and I guess you just make him feels like he was there. For a while, I guess it would be better if you didn't meet him." Jimin plays with his fingers. He keeps on nibbling his bottom lips.

"Hyung... I could help—"

"No! I don't want him to think you that way! Namjoon is his father!" Jimin shouts.

"Okay" Jungkook nods his head. Takes his car keys and walks out of Jimin's house. For a good while, Jimin couldn't say anything, couldn't do anything. Minjoon is still crying in the next room, but Jimin is too weak. He can't face Minjoon right now. He didn't want to cry in front of his son.

Not anymore

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since that incident happened, Jungkook and wasn't as close as before. Things gets a little bit awkward between them. Jungkook tried, he tried asking about Minjoon, asked for permission to visit Minjoon. But Jimin gave him thousands of excuses for him not to visit. He said Minjoon is fine, he's okay. But they both knows the truth wasn't that good. Jungkook gave up. Jimin has the right to say no, Minjoon is his son after all.

Jungkook sighs again. He keeps on rolling his pens on the desk, staring at the white walls. He didn't even notice when Naeun come inside his room, with a cup of coffee.

"Oppa..." Naeun calls him, slowly placing the hot coffee on Jungkook's desk.

"You look troubled. Something happened?"

"..................... nothing."

"Come on oppa. You can do better than that. I know exactly when you're lying" Naeun takes a sit on Jungkook's bed, facing him.

"*sigh* I don't know. Everything is a mess. It's Jimin--- wait, no! It wasn't him. It was me. I don't know what I want. I don't know what to do. I missed Minjoon, I miss hanging around with them. But I— Jimin he—he doesn't want me around anymore" Jungkook lowered his head.

"Did he---does he know your feelings towards him?" Naeun asks, bites his lips in anxious.

"What? No—no he doesn't. I didn't tell him."

"Okay, I guess, what he needs is time. Give him a space. Slowly, things will get better soon. And if you like it, we can have a picnic with Jimin, Minjoon and your friends sometimes. Maybe, who knows Jimin would be more comfortable if all of us are going?"

Jungkook said nothing. He wasn't sure that Naeun's suggestion would work. Especially not when Minjoon is sulking about her. Jungkook didn't have the heart to tell Naeun about it. She always talks sweet about how adorable Minjoon is and how lucky Jimin is to have a kid as polite as Minjoon. Jungkook just nods his head, thanking Naeun for easing his heartache.

"Oh yes oppa, I wanted to tell you that our parents wanted me to work for them. So, dad asks me to follow him to Gwangju for a few days. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, that's good for you. At least I won't hear you complains about being bored to death" Jungkook chuckles a bit.

"I do not! Anyway, two weeks from now, will our engagement party. It's just a small one, just friends and families. No paparazzi no yadda-yadda."

'Crap! The engagement'

Jungkook's eyes widen. He completely forgot about that. He said yes when his mom asked him about it before. But that was before he met Jimin again. Before he knows Namjoon wasn't around anymore. Before he falls for him again... but Jimin doesn't want him. So why did he has to concern about it? Damn! He's so confused right now. He loves Jimin, but he can't break Naeun's heart. After all, Jimin didn't like him that way.

Jungkook groans in his palms, unconsciously. Naeun watches him with a frown on her face.

"Look, it's okay if you're not ready... I—I'll tell aunty about it and we can---"

"No. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I just—let's just do it. The engagement"

"..........oppa, I don't want to force you into this"

"You're not. I-'m—I'm okay with this." Jungkook smiles at her, assuring her that he said yes.

"Okay" Naeun nods her head and walks out of Jungkook's room after saying goodnight.

Jungkook didn't know what is right or what is wrong anymore. It's not fair for her if he didn't agree to this. After all, he did say yes. Probably Jimin and him, would never able to be together after all.

##################################################