Chapter 2

Okay, Guys, this is chapter 2 up and revised. I haven't taken the other chapter's down yet so there is a high chance that chapters 3 - 5 won't make sense until I update them which will be very soon I promise. I hope everyone is staying safe and has had a good day. Goodluck and Goodbye and don't forget to comment.

Percy P.o.v

I caught a cab to my mom's house knowing she'd be happy to see me. At first, I thought everything would be the same but soon learned My mom had a baby.

My little sister Riley Blofis to be exact. My mom was overjoyed to not just welcome one child home but two and my stepdad Paul was the same. After a week of helping out at home Annabeth and I had to return to camp and help out. Mom understood and I promised I would come back at the end of the summer and message her frequently.

Although it wasn't the end of summer I was definitely done with camp for a while.

Thanking the cab driver I exited the vehicle and went up to my mother's house. Knocking I waited for somebody to answer the door except nobody came. I was suddenly filled with dread. Twisting the knob I realized the door wasn't locked.

What I saw next made my heart drop out of my stomach. The living room was torn to shreds. Claw marks all over the walls. Quickly making my way through the house I shouted for my mother.

"Mom! Mom! Paul!" I stepped into there room and stopped. My mother and Paul both lay still holding each other atop their bed. Without checking I knew they were dead.

Making a quick dash to my sister's nursery I was surprised to see it in perfect condition. There in the middle of the room stood Hestia holding a sleeping Riley.

"Lady Hestia? What happened" My voice was hoarse as I spoke. It took everything in me not to break down a second time.

"I'm so sorry Percy. She was the only one I could save in time. I came as soon as I realized" Hestia said gesturing to Riley.

" Who did this? Why did they do this?" I sat against the wall silent tears coming down my face. Everyone I knew and loved was dying all around me.

"I'm not sure Percy. I do know monsters attacked your parents although I'm not sure if they were rogue or here under orders." Hestia gently layed Riley in her crib coming towards me.

"It's not your fault young hero." I looked up at Hestia with sad eyes.

"Isn't it? I should have been here to protect them and now Estell will grow up without parents. How is that fair to her? All because Her big brother just so happens to have deadly godly blood."

" No Perseus. You are the best hero I have ever know and none of this is your fault. You are so loyal Percy and I admire that but it also means you easily blame yourself. You can't do that this time around. Riley will be depending on you. Your all she has left."

" What if I can't Lady Hestia? It doesn't seem like I can do a great lot lately. I'm only 17 how am I supposed to take care of Riley on my own. She's just barely 6 months of age. What if I mess up?"

"Percy," Said Lady Hestia, " Can I bless you and have you become my champion."

"Bless me? Why Lady Hestia? Surely there is someone else more worthy."

"Believe me Percy, there is no one more deserving than you. Besides if you become my champion the ancient laws regarding me helping you become a lot looser. Not only that but it'll give you more abilities, hope, determination. I don't want to see the greatest hero fall like so many others. I have faith in you Percy and I need you to have faith in yourself." Hestia seemed genuine and I smiled slightly.