Getting to Work

"For my next movie," explained Canter, "we'll be doing a remake to Super Mario Bros. And this time, we're going to do it right, keeping it more faithful to the video game." Garrett looked around, seeing the set did indeed look more like the video game. "I gotta say," said Garrett, "the set designers really outdid themselves on Mushroom Kingdom. As someone who's played the video game, this looks really accurate."

"Thank you Garrett," said Canter, "we're going to film the first scene today. The set designers have created a replica of Brooklyn specifically for the movie. And these are the same set designers that worked on Daring Do and the Marked Thief of Marapore. They consulted an expert at Nintendo."

"Cool," said Garrett as he and Canter went into the Brooklyn set for the Super Mario Bros movie. "Alright, we're starting with the first scene," instructed Canter, "places everyone, and action!" The crew then filmed the scene, which introduced the actors that would be playing Mario and Luigi, the Mario Brothers. Garrett watched all this, impressed. He was really going to like this job.

For the next few days, Garrett was used to helping out with the production of the movie. And that meant running errands for Canter Zoom. And there were benefits too. Garrett loved this job. He even befriended some of the actors, due to their mutual love for video games. On one particular day, Canter said, "Hey Garrett, you ever been to Dutch Roasters?" Garrett nodded and said, "Yes, I'm familiar with that place."

"Can you go to Dutch Roasters?" Canter asked, "Tell the barista that you're my newest production assistant, and that you're here for my usual drink?" Garrett nodded and said, "Yeah, I can do that." He then smiled, going to Dutch Roasters.