The Surprise

Several days later, Garrett and Twilight made an arrangement to meet up at the park. Garrett got ready, and even got some dog biscuits for Spike. He was at the park, sitting at the bench, waiting for Twilight. Meanwhile, Twilight, who was wearing more casual clothing, walked to the park with Spike. She got a text from Sunset that said, "I'll be a few minutes late." Twilight then saw Garrett at the bench. She smiled, walking up to him, and said, "Hey Garrett." He smiled, and said, "Hey Twilight. Hey Spike. I got a surprise for you." Spike perked up when Garrett then got out a doggy biscuit for him. The dog wagged his tail, and Garrett gave him the biscuit. "That was nice of you Garrett," said Twilight as she smiled. "So where to?" Garrett asked as he stood up. They then happily walked along. "How's the production going along?" asked Twilight. "The movie's going pretty good," said Garrett, "I wrote a story about a vampire horror comedy, and Canter liked my story so much, he wants to make it a movie!"

"That's wonderful Garrett!" Twilight said happily. Garrett smiled at Twilight. He'd never felt this happy before in his life before. And Twilight, she felt more happier with Garrett than she did with Flash or Timber. Suddenly, Sunset came to the park. She saw Twilight with the human Garrett. He did indeed look like her brother. She cleared her throat and said, "Garrett...?" Garrett gave a look of confusion, and turned around. His eyes widened in shock as he looked at Sunset. She could feel his emotions, a mix of denial and fear, the type of fear one feels when they look like they've seen a ghost. He took a step back. "I know this is impossible for you to understand Garrett," explained Sunset, "but my name is Sunset Shimmer..."

"No, that's impossible..." Garrett said in cold fear. He was frozen with fear, a lump in his throat. Twilight had never seen this side of Garrett before. Sunset then gently touched his forehead, and experienced his memories. She saw his memories of his mother singing to him. She saw his memories of him bonding with his father watching B Movies. She saw his memories of bonding with the Sunset Shimmer of his world. 

Then she saw another memory. In this memory, the Shimmer family were in a car together, having fun. Suddenly, a drunk driver going over the speed limit crashed into the car. The impact of the car crash killed his parents, and Sunset. In the memory, the young Garrett screamed, "MOM!!! DAD!!! SUNSET!!!" The last memory was where a tearful Garrett was at a funeral for his family. Sunset let go of Garrett's head, gasping. Now she knew why she'd never run into her human doppelganger. "Oh Garrett..." Sunset sadly said, "I didn't know... I'm so sorry..." She gently hugged him, but he didn't hug back. In fact, Garrett coldly pushed her away, then ran off, dropping his glasses because he was wiping tears from his eyes. "Garrett, wait!" Twilight said as she picked up his glasses.

Sunset looked down and said, "Now I know why I've never seen my human counterpart..." Spike whined sadly. "Why?" Twilight asked. "Because, this Garrett lost his parents and his Sunset a long time ago..." Sunset sadly whispered.