Acceptance

It took around two hours, but Sunset explained to Garrett who she was, where she came from, and how she came to this world, and met the people she considered her friends. Garrett nodded, doing everything he could to believe her. As soon as she was finished, Sunset asked, "sounds crazy, doesn't it?"

"It sounds like a tall tale," admitted Garrett, "but I believe you Sunset. My pop was always open to the idea of alternate dimensions out there." Twilight smiled. The two were bonding like a true brother and sister. Twilight whispered to Sunset an idea she had. Sunset laughed, wrote something on a piece of paper, and gave the paper to Garrett. "Tell Spike to do these things," ordered Sunset. Garrett read the commandments, looked at Spike, and said, "Sit Spike." The dog did what Garrett said. "Roll over," ordered Garrett, and Spike rolled over. "Shake," he ordered , and Spike used his paw to shake Garrett's hand. "Speak," ordered Garrett. "Hi, I'm Spike," the dog said. Garrett's eyes widened. "Did Spike just speak English?" Garrett asked, dumbfounded. Twilight and Sunset laughed. "Yep, I sure did," replied Spike, "and in case you're wondering, it's because of the magic from Sunset's world."

 "Ah, I see... One question," he said, now adjusting to the fact that Spike could talk, "is there a Garrett Shimmer in your world known as Equestria?" Sunset nodded and said, "yes."

"And is this Garrett alive in this Equestria?" Garrett asked. "Alive and well." Sunset said happily, "he's even dating Twilight's counterpart."

"You don't say," quipped Garrett, "and this other Twilight Sparkle, she's a princess?" Both Sunset and Twilight nodded. "And she's a unicorn with wings?" Garrett asked. Sunset chuckled, "The correct term is Alicorn." He nodded and then asked, "Can I please see what the other me looks like?" Sunset then took off the locket necklace that Rarity made, and opened it, and gave the locket to Garrett. He looked at the locket, and saw the picture of the unicorn toddler Sunset with the unicorn baby Garrett. He smiled at it, and gave the locket back to her saying, "I know my Sunset will never come back. But I know I can consider you family." He then hugged Sunset. Twilight and Spike smiled.