My Immortal

After Sunset explained to Twilight what she saw, Twilight tried to look for Garrett. She carried his glasses with her. It took almost half an hour, but then she found Garrett sitting at a tree, his face buried in his knees. "Garrett?" she softly murmured. He was silent. "You, uh, dropped your glasses..." she said, holding them. Garrett, though somewhat nearsighted, looked at Twilight, a tear in his left eye. She offered him his glasses, and he took them, and put them on as he sniffled. Twilight sat down right next to him. There was silence for a few minutes. Then Twilight asked, "are you okay?" Garrett silently shook his head no. He knew that she now knew his pain. She understood, relating to his pain.

Garrett then cleared his throat, and said, "Why does it still hurt?" Twilight looked at him. She wasn't sure either. "She looks exactly the way she did the day I lost them..." Garrett hoarsely said, "it's like she never changed..." Twilight put her arm around his shoulder, saying, "I know... Garrett, I don't have the right words to say to comfort you, but I want you to know, I'll always be here for you..." He looked at her, staring at her violet eyes, and knew she wasn't lying. She then hugged him, and he then burst into tears, sobbing. She held him in her arms.

After a few minutes, Garrett calmed down. He adjusted his glasses as he said, "I am the exact same age my Sunny was when she died... I wrote An Italian Vampire Slayer In Brooklyn as a coping mechanism to help me past the pain, and as a tribute to my dad. He loved those B Movie Horror films." Twilight held his hand and said, "I'm sure he would've liked your story." Garrett smiled a little.

 "As for Top Hat, my mom watched it when she was young," explained Garrett, "her favorite song from the film was Cheek to Cheek. She loved singing it. She sang it to my Sunset when she was a baby as a lullaby. And she sang it to me as a lullaby, sometimes to calm me down." Twilight nodded, understanding.

"Would you be willing to give her a chance? All she wants to do is talk and get to know you better," said Twilight. "I suppose I could give her a chance," murmured Garrett as he got up, and he and Twilight walked. They found Sunset on the bench with Spike. Sunset then looked at Garrett. "Guess we got a lot to talk about," said Garrett.