Wrapping Up

It was the last day of filming for the Super Mario Bros. Movie. Canter filmed the final scene for the movie. Garrett felt satisfied that he'd helped with the film. Not only did he see his favorite game be done right, but he also made new friends. "Okay, let's edit this all, post production has just begun!" Canter ordered. What Garrett didn't know was that The Mane 7 had finally collected all the magic from Equestria. Which meant that now Sunset could go home. She went to Garrett, who was at the snack bar. "Hey Garrett," she said, giving a sad smile. "Hey Sunset," said Garrett, "you won't believe it, but now Super Mario Bros is now in post production. We finished the final scene. Just gotta edit it all."

"That's great Garrett!" Sunset said. "There's something important I have to tell you." Garrett raised an eyebrow and asked, "What's up?" Sunset sighed, "I'm planning on going back home to Equestria tomorrow." Garrett's eyes widened in surprise. "You... you are...?" he stammered. Sunset nodded and said, "I'm sorry I have to tell you this... But I promised my Garrett that as soon as I collected all of the magic, I'd go home to him."

Garrett nodded, taking his glasses off, carefully putting them in his pockets. "I understand," he said, trying not to choke up, "he's your brother... It's just that... I don't want to say goodbye to you... Not again... I'm going to miss you..." A tear fell down his left eye. Sunset hugged him. This time, he hugged back. If today was going to be the last day he was ever going to see her, Garrett Shimmer wanted to make each and every moment count. "I know Garrett," she sadly said as she felt tears come down, "I'm going to miss you too... Just know that I have cherished each and every moment we spent together. I'll never forget you." They both smiled.

"You know," she said, "Pinkie Pie's holding a going away party for me. You're more than welcome to come." Garrett smiled and said, "I'd be more than happy to join you." So the two Shimmers went to Pinkie Pie's house, which was where the party was being held, and came in. The minute Sunset and Garrett came in, Pinkie's Party Cannon exploded, confetti covering the two. Sunset looked at Garrett, mumbling, "this is what I'm going to have to endure when I get home..." Garrett snickered, and Sunset smiled, laughing with him.

Garrett enjoyed Sunset's Going Away Party, meeting with Sunset's other friends, and Twilight was there too. Also there was this young man around Sunset's age. He had vivid cornflower blue eyes, sapphire blue hair, wore a thunderbolt T-shirt, a black leather jacket, blue denim jeans, and black converse sneakers. This was Flash Sentry, Sunset's ex boyfriend. Garrett walked up to him and said, "Hi, I'm Garrett." He offered his hand in a handshake. "Nice to meet you," replied Flash, "I'm Flash. You a friend of Sunset's?" Garrett shrugged saying, "you could say that." Flash shook Garrett's hand, surprised at how tall this gentleman was. The two talked, getting to know each other. "Hard to believe she's going away." Flash sadly said. "I know what you mean," replied Garrett, "she's been like a sister to me." Flash smiled at him. He liked him. 

As the party ended, all of Sunset's friends gave their final goodbyes, and each goodbye was super emotional. There was not a dry eye in sight. Garrett decided to sleep over at the place where Sunset had been living in to spend one more night with his best friend.