Lunch Break

It was another working day for Canter Zoom, and the production was going smoothly. After shooting one successful scene with the cast, they all decided to have a lunch break. Garrett was sitting with the cast and crew eating his lunch, which was a pretzel hoagie, while also typing on his laptop, something he did whenever he got a break. "What are you typing Garrett?" Canter asked. "Oh, just a story I've been writing for awhile," admitted Garrett. "Mind if I take a look?" Canter asked. "Sure," said Garrett.

He gave Canter the laptop, scrolling to the top so that he could read the title. "An Italian Vampire Slayer In Brooklyn," read Canter, and he chuckled, amused at the title reminding him of a campy horror themed B Movie. He then read what appeared to be the story of an Italian American cook in Brooklyn dealing with vampires invading his town, and how his Italian food is the key to killing these bloodsuckers. The story made Canter laugh as he asked, "You wrote this yourself, Garrett?" He nodded saying, "My father grew up watching those Creature Feature B Movies. He was especially a big fan of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films. I'm especially fond of Army of Darkness. That one's my favorite of the Evil Dead trilogy." He smiled a little, thinking back on those memories. "You could say this is a tribute to those B Movies," said Garrett. The cast read the story with Canter, impressed with Garrett's writing skills.

"You know, before I made it big with directing the Daring Do movies, I got my start directing low budget horror films," said Canter, "this story, it brings back good memories. Garrett, as soon as we're finished filming Super Mario Bros, how would you like to write a script based on this story?" Garrett's eyes widened as he asked, "Do you mean it?"

"I see a potential hit with this," said Canter. "Well then I'd be honored boss!" Garrett said happily. He took a bite from his hoagie when suddenly, he got a text from his phone. He looked, and saw it was from Twilight. The text said, "Hey Garrett. =)" Garrett smiled and texted back, "Hey Twilight. How are you?"

"Doing good. Had fun with my friends. How about you?" Twilight texted back.

"Ah you know, working. But it's all cool." Garrett texted back.

"You want to hang out?" Twilight texted.

"That depends, when?" Garrett texted back.

"Let me know, and I might bring a friend. ;)" texted Twilight.

"No problemo. GTG. TTFN." Garrett texted back as he smiled. Twilight smiled as she looked at the text. She was with her friends. Sunset looked at the text and said, "well I hope he won't react negatively to meeting me." Twilight pet Spike as she said, "I'm sure he'll like you."