I'll Be Missing You

The next morning, Garrett and Sunset woke up. "You ready?" Garrett asked. Sunset nodded. They decided to have breakfast together at Sunset's favorite restaurant. After that, Sunset and Garrett went to Canterlot High School, which was where the statue of the school's mascot was. Sunset's friends, including Twilight, were all there. "Did you really think we were going to let you leave without saying goodbye?" Twilight asked. Sunset smiled saying, "you're all the best."

First, she hugged Rainbow Dash, saying, "thanks for those sneakers." Then, she hugged Pinkie Pie, saying, "thanks for the laughter and fun." Pinkie beamed, giving Sunset a bear hug. Next, Sunset hugged Rarity, saying, "thank you for your generosity. I'm sure you'll make it as a fashionista." After that, Sunset hugged Applejack, saying, "thank you for your honesty. Stay gold, Applejack." She then hugged Fluttershy, saying, "you are one of the kindest people I know. Thank you for your kindness. Never stop being you." Fluttershy hugged back. Sunset then hugged Twilight, and whispered, "Please, take care of Garrett for me..." Twilight hugged back and whispered back, "I will, I promise."

Sunset took one look at Garrett, hugged him tightly, and emotionally said, "I know I'll miss you the most." Garrett hugged back, saying, "you will always be in my heart." Sunset then smiled, looked at her friends one last time, and said, "Okay, I'm ready." She then ran into the portal, going in, leaving the human world, and returned to Equestria. Garrett sighed sadly. Part of him was happy, knowing that Sunset would now be home with her brother, but the other part of him was sad that he had to say goodbye to another Sunset Shimmer. But Garrett could take comfort knowing that no matter what, Sunset Shimmer was alive in his heart. Twilight put her hand around his shoulder, and asked, "want to hang out with us?" Garrett smiled and said, "sure."