Chapter 2: New Friends

Kai's POV

Once on board I turned to ask Nora what I should do, only to find that she wasn't there." Well. Looks like its time to make some friends." I said to myself. I walked through the airship, in hope to find someone to talk to. In the back of the airship sat a boy with silver hair. He looked lonely and so was I, so I decided to talk to him and hopefully make a friend. I noticed how strangely he was dressed compared to everyone else. He wore a black dress shirt with gray trim, black dress pants, a gray trench coat, a pair of black gloves,a gray and black striped scarf, and a black fedora with a gray stripe next to him. He stared out the window with a look of sadness, unlike the other students who looked out the window in excitement and awe.

"You don't mind if I sit here do you?" I asked him. He shook his head and slid over, he didn't look away from the window as I sat next to him. Next to his leg was a guitar case, so I tried to strike up a conversation about music. "So what kind of music you play?" I asked. He said in a gruff voice ." Mostly rock and a bit of metal. Why do you ask ?" I said." I play drums and I was curious." He smiled a little. "The name's Niko." He said. "My name is Kai." Niko went back to staring out the window. In defeat, I unfolded Nightingale and began to clean and sharpen the blade. "What is that?" Niko asked. I said." It's my weapon, it's a combination of a halberd and a shotgun. What's your weapon Niko?" Niko pulled a M1911 from his right coat pocket and a small rod from the other. Niko's gun wasn't like any that I've even seen, instead of the normal barrel, it was about twice the normal length and the black paint job with a wooden grip plate. On the slide of his gun were the words." Those who end lives shall have their own life ended." "It's name is Jackal." Niko said proudly. I eyed the metal rod in Niko's left hand. "And this is my baton." Niko said, flicking his wrist and extending the baton.

The baton was a little over a foot long and didn't seem like it could hurt any Grim. Niko spoke." This is what I've used ever since I began training. It saved me on many occasions." Before he could speak again, the intercom interrupted." Attention, we are now landing." An automated voice over the intercom said. Niko stood up and held out his hand for me to shake. "It was nice meeting you Kai." I shook he hand and said." It was nice meeting you too Niko. Hope we end up on the same team." Niko turned and walked away. That one friend on my first day. I'm making great progress.