Chapter 26: True Intentions

Kai's POV
The next day

Niko didn't come back to the dorm last night and I was about to go out and look for him. I opened the door and ran out, slamming into a solid mass; the impact nearly knocked me down. I looked up and saw what I ran into, or rather who I ran into. "Niko!" I exclaimed. He had dark marks under his eyes and for some reason he smelled like burned hair and ashes. He was holding a creme colored folder in his left hand and his right hand was clenched shut, as if he was holding something small. "Come with me." He said. I tried to protest, but he dragged me out of the dorm and continued to drag me down the hallway and towards a set of elevator doors. He pressed a selection of buttons at what seemed to be a random order. 9645;I didn't think anything would happen, but to my surprise the doors opened and Niko threw me into the elevator. As I stood up and brushed my self off, Niko pressed the button on the top most button. We faced the doors waiting for them to open; "So where were you last night?" I asked. He just sighed and said. "I went out for a drink." We were silent for a few moments. "Why didn't you come back?" He told me. "Who says I didn't?" This confused me quite substantially. "What?" I asked. Niko sighed again, then said. "I don't have to be in the dorm room to be at Beacon." I let that sink into my mind for a moment and decided to tease him a bit. "Where did you sleep? Did Weiss offer a place for you to sleep or something." I waited for Niko to get annoyed with me, but he didn't even look my way. "Wait a minute, did she actually...." I was cut off by Niko. "If I tell you what happened, will you leave me alone about it?"

I nodded.

Niko sighed and said. "I came back to Beacon last night and I decided to relax on the roof. Weiss was up there and we talked for quite a while; we must have fallen asleep up there cause when I woke up, Weiss was still sleeping, lying against me. I carried her to her dorm and went to find you." The elevator doors opened and we walked out into Ozpin's office. Behind his desk, the headmaster sat with a look of concern. "You noticed it too, didn't you?" Niko asked Ozpin. "Unfortunately I have." He said. I turned towards Niko and was about to ask about what they said, but Ozpin answered my question before I asked. "The dust robberies that have been happening. They all have a similar pattern to them. The thieves take powered dust and all of the uncut burn crystals the store has then leaves." Niko continued off of what Ozpin said. "Enough has been stolen to destroy at least half of Vale, but nothing has happened yet. It's the calm before the storm." The situation seemed dire, but one thing made no sense to me. "What do I have to do with this?" I asked. Ozpin sighed and said. "I am allowing an extended leave for you two in order to prepare for whatever happens, use it well." Niko passed the folder he was carrying to Ozpin. He opened it and read through the papers within and his grim expression grew darker. "This plan of yours is a dangerous one, but it may work." Ozpin said as he placed the file on his desk. Niko turned and started to leave, leaving me to scramble after him. Once back at the dorm I asked about the plan that Ozpin was talking about. "Like I said, this is the calm before the storm. That's why we are leaving Beacon for about a week and we are going to train with some special people." Niko told me as he started to pack a duffel bag. I tried to ask some questions, but each time Niko ignored the question and kept packing. Once we were finished packing, Niko asked. "Do you want to ask Blake to be your girlfriend before we leave?" The question caught me off guard. "I uh....um." Niko sighed and asked again. "Do you want to ask Blake to be your girlfriend before we leave?" I took a deep breath and answered. "Yes."

Niko told me to follow him and he'll help me ask Blake. Instead of going to the team RWBY dorm, he walked past it and continued to the roof access stairs. He stopped at the top and told me to just tell her how you feel. I nodded and he opened the door and we walked onto the roof. We walked to the far end of the roof and I saw Blake and Yang waiting. That's when it hit me, this was planned by Yang and Niko. "Hello girls." Niko said. Yang smiled and said. "Took you long enough." Blake asked. "Ok, what's going on?" Niko and Yang smirked. "Care to tell Kai?" Niko asked Yang. "I'll tell him, you tell Blake." They walked over to the other and said to us. "We know you two like each other and decided to take matters into our own hands." Blake was blushing and looked like she was about to strangle Niko. "And now to leave you love birds alone." Yang said before jumping into Niko's arms and having him jump off the roof. That left me alone with Blake, she still looked pissed. I just stared at the horizon, not talking to her. Some time had passed "So you have a crush on me." She said. The sound of her voice startled me a little. "Yeah." I answered. I heard her walking closer to me. "What if I wasn't as I seemed?" She asked. I thought for a moment, wondering what she meant by that. "That depends." When Blake spoke, she sounded like she was surprised. "What if I was a faunus?" I didn't look back at her when I said. "That depends. If you were a dog faunus, I'd have some issues, but that's only because I'm allergic to dog hair." I heard he talk a deep breath and was about to tell me something important. "Kai, I'm glad because I like you and I-I'm a faunus." I turned around and saw Blake had a black ribbon in her hand; with the ribbon now removed, it revealed a pair of cat purplish cat ears with raven colored fur. I stood their like a complete idiot and said. "That is the cutest thing I've ever seen." Blake was probably expecting a worse reaction. "Your the cutest girl I've ever seen." I said. "So you don't care if I'm fanaus?" She asked, her normal monotone voice was slowly filling with emotion. "I don't care at all. You are you and that's all that matters." Her eyes began to water. She didn't say another word, instead she ran over to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, enjoying her embrace. We only broke apart when we heard Yang say." About damn time." She pulled herself up over the railing to our left followed by Niko. "You two have been their the whole fucking time." I said. Yang told me. "Oh no. We left while ago and only came back a few minutes ago to make sure that you didn't kill each other." Even though they weren't spying on Blake and I, it still pissed me off that they spoiled the moment. "Niko, Yang. You two are my friends, but your still assholes." The four of us had a good laugh, at least until Niko's scroll went off. He looked at the screen and his happy attitude went away.

Phone Call
N- "Hello?"
???-"It's tomorrow."
N- "How did you get this number?"
???- "Our brother."
N- "Ok. But your sure it's tomorrow, right?"
???- "It's a ninety percent chance."
N- "Fuck. Ok, when it's over we'll meet up."
???- "Deal. I'll call if things get out of hand."
N- "Ok. Talk to you later V."
V- "You too N."