Chapter 7: Teams

Kai's POV

After that little incident at the cliff, I decided that I had to keep an eye on Niko. One more stunt like that and he might have some unwanted attention. All of the first year students were heading to the atrium for the team selections. Niko walked next to me, his right hand fidgeting. I told him. "Niko, calm down." He nodded. Niko pulled out what looked to be a gun metal black pocket watch from his inner coat pocket and began to flick open and closed in a mesmerizing pattern. We all lined up in the front row and waited to be called up. The first names called up were Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xio Long. The team was to be named team RWBY, the leader being Ruby. Niko said in a hushed voice. "She'll have a huge responsibility as team leader and yet, she's the youngest." Next ones called up were Jaune Arc, Phyrra Nikos, Lie Ren, and My sister Nora. They had the team name JNPR. The next team was CRDL.

"Kai Valkeryie, Niko Spire, Tess Striker, and Ellie Annet. From now on you will be known as team KNTE, with the leader being Kai Valkeryie." Ozpin announced. I was shocked at what I had heard, not sure if what was said was really happening. I'm a team leader. I didn't expected Ozpin to choose me for the leader. Hearing him say those words was the best thing I've ever heard in a long time. Looking over at Niko, Tess, and Ellie, I knew we would need some time to get to know each other before we act like a team.

Later that day

As we walked to the dorm, I tried to make some small talk with the girls. "So how has your stay been so far?" I asked. Tess shrugged and said. "It's been alright." Ellie and Tess were about the same height as me, which was about 5'11 but compared to Niko, who measured at 6,4 we were short. Ellie was wearing a black leather jacket, a white t-shirt, jeans, and boots, while Tess wore a black sleeveless shirt, black cargo pants, and boots.