Part 5: Sick Leave

"Why the hell can't you just listen to me once?"

He scolded her while covering her in duvets and adjusting the pillows behind her head. She shivered, her lips trembled and she gazed at him to say something.

Arnav - I told you so many times to stop dancing in rain. You get ill very fast but do you ever listen to me? Now you've fallen sick and I have to cancel my meetings for today. You're the limit.

Khushi - I' I'm so-

She opened her mouth to say something, he kept a thermometer between her lips instead.

Arnav - Close your mouth and stay like this for few minutes. I'll get cold water and wet wipes for you.

As much he loves her and her childish character, sometimes it's annoying to him. Despite of him having warned her multiple times to not dance outside in the cold rain, she did exactly that and now laying in bed with fever and cold.

Arnav - Damn it Khushi. You're having high fever. I'll need to take you to a doctor.

He kept the thermometer on the night table and attended his phone which started ringing.

The delegates from Paris had arrived and were demanding his presence.

Arnav - I know Hannah but my wife is having high fever. I can't leave her alone and come to office.

Khushi stared him feeling so guilty. There he was, working so hard and trying to expand business while she carelessly just adds more burden to him.

Since a week he had been focused on this presentation for today's meeting only and had slept so less working night and day. And now everything will go in vain because she was being so childish.

Arnav - I can't have a video conference right now Arman. You know how important it is, so handle the delegates and try to convince them to postpone the meeting for a day.

* * *

"Stop testing my patience and have this soup. After that you have to take these medicines."

He was losing it slowly. How she never fails to drive him crazy with her antics.

Khushi - Please don't force me to have it. It is not tasty.

Arnav - The doctor advised to have soup and then these medicines. So you are going to drink it! No more arguments.

Khushi - Can't I eat normal food and then take medicines? Maybe khichdi.

He grit his teeth glaring her. Why can't this girl for once not argue and just do as said? That's it! She officially pushed him to his limits.

Arnav - You're worse than a child. I've had it with you! You always have to go against me and do exactly the opposite of what I say. First dancing in rain only to fall sick and now this. Because of your carelessness, the project I've been working on since more than a month and for which we basically moved to London is up the spout! You're the limit Khushi!

She looked down frightened and with moistened eyes, slowly pushed herself to sit on the bed.

But just when she forwarded her hand to take the soup, he went out of the bedroom holding it. While she thought he's so angry he doesn't even wanna give her the soup and medicines anymore, Arnav actually googled the recipe of Khichdi.

* * *

"I don't know what to do with her. I'm unable to cope up with her currently, Di."

She opened her eyes to see him standing there at the window and talking over phone.