Part 15: What Bothers Her

Just as he approached the bed and got into his side, he noticed his wife moving away to her side creating much space between them. And he would have understood her action if he knew the reason behind it.

Slowly sliding towards her and covering both with the quilt, he put his arm around her waist facing her back.

Arnav - I see you aren't in mood today. Any problem, wifey?

Khushi - Remove your hand from my waist. Don't touch me. And get to your side. Give me my space.

She turned to face him and pushed him lightly.

Arnav - So we have already reached the phase where we need space from each other?

She looked into his intense gaze and for one second, her heart felt so heavy. But before she could even react, her fool of a husband turned 360 degree.

Arnav - Cool. I'll be the clear winner in that, after all it's you who always kicks me in sleep, comes to my side and has me almost fall off the bed while leaving 80% of the huge bed unused while sleeping.

He settled on his side comfortably earning a look from her in disbelief. But he seemed unbothered as he switched the night lamp off and laid down properly to sleep.

He opened his eyes feeling her movement and saw her walking towards the door.

Arnav - Where are you going?

Khushi - To the guest room so you can have 100% of the bed's space.

Arnav - What the. Khushi, no.

He jumped out of bed and grasped her arm to get her back though she hit his hand struggling in order to be left alone.

Khushi - Leave me. I don't want to talk to you or be in the same room.

Arnav - Oh really!? Minded my words so much? I was just joking! You know that!

She looked away as he made her settle into the bed. Having faced rejection as he attempted to hug her, he had to go wit holding her hand for now.

Arnav - Khushi, don't be mad. You know I was teasing you. Can't I even joke with you anymore?

Khushi - It's always a joke for you, isn't it!? My feelings.

He took a long sigh before asking her the following. He could sense it wasn't about this moment. She had been mad at him before already. But why?

Arnav - What do you mean? Did I hurt your feelings?

Khushi - No, forget it. Let's just sleep.

Women! He thought. Why can't they just straightforwardly tell what's the matter. But no. A guessing game is more fun for them. Even in Khushi's case. His innocent Khushi.

So taking her into his arms from behind, he did his best to calm her.

Arnav - Khush, c'mon...tell me. Why are you upset with me?

Khushi - I...*SIGH* Nothing. I'm just doing drama. Let me be.

She let herself loose in his arms keeping her head on his shoulder. He smiled a bit before placing a gentle kiss on her temple.

Arnav - I'm sure. I won't tease you from now on.

Khushi - And if possible, don't flirt with other women too...also, don't talk about sleeping with other women too...if possible. No force.

Arnav - Wait, what!?

He looked at her with a slight jerk. She was mad at him for flirting with other women and talking about sleeping with someone else? When did that happen!?