Part 12: Sleepless

She tossed and turned letting out few groans to express her discomfort but in vain. Her husband was in deep sleep in his usual hand under the head pose.

She made a face at him in annoyance and grabbed her phone from night table. It was 3:15 AM yet, better say already. She couldn't sleep and then there is this Laad Governor, sleeping so peacefully.

She removed the sheet and walked downstairs to the kitchen where she poured oil in a pan and set sugared water in a pot to make syrup.

Her phone rang after sometime when she had settled on the couch with a plate of Jalebis and a movie on IPad.

A huge smile erupted on her face as the called ID flashed on the screen.

Anjali - Good morning Khushiji

Khushi - Good morning Di. You woke up?

Anjali - Yes, it's already past 8 here, but why are you up so early?

Khushi - Just, couldn't sleep. But how do you know?

Anjali - Saw your status update on WhatsApp. So upset that only a full plate of Jalebis can help you now? What happened? Did you and Chote have a fight again?

Khushi smacked herself for forgetting that she put up a photo of the freshly made Jalebis. So of course all her contacts must have come to know she's awake and eating Jalebis. Khushi smiled chuckling inside at herself and how Arnavji will react when he sees it in the morning.

Khushi - No Di. Everything is ok. We didn't fight, just I couldn't sleep, so made Jalebis.

Anjali - And Chote? Is he sleeping?

Khushi - Yes obviously, your Chote is sleeping soundly. Why would it bother him that I have been tossing and turning sleeplessly? He slept right after having what he wanted.

A silent giggle could be heard from the end of the line making Khushi take in the meaning of her words.

Khushi - Di! I didn't mean that what you're thinking.

Anjali - What am I a thinking?

Anjali asked in her ever so innocently voice to which Khushi pouted characteristically.

Khushi - Haan haan I know you're Arnavji's sister. You brother sister duo always keep teasing me. But let me inform you, your Chote had a Pizza and slept.

Anjali - Accha, that's very bad.

Khushi - Leave him. How are all at home? How is Naniji doing? And Mamiji-

Anjali - Everyone is all fine and healthy. But we're all missing you both.

* * *

"You were awake the whole night?"

She didn't say anything and just walked over to her dressing corner where she applied some moisturizing cream on her face and lipstick. He walked over to her and looked at her through the full body mirror.

Arnav - Khush, what happened? Why couldn't you sleep the whole night? Tum theek toh ho na?

Khushi - Don't you "Khush" me! And what does it matter to you if I'm fine or not? You keep up with your sound sleep.

Arnav - Ya, I had a tiring day at office. But still you could have woken me up.

Khushi - Let it be. You just focus on your work. I am not that important.

He rolled his eyes placing his hands on his hips. Here she goes again with her emotional blackmail. Can't she just directly say she want his attention?