Part 16: Game of Egos

"No Amma, I don't like Laad Governor...I don't- want' to marry him....don't force me..."

Is there anything better than hearing this from the woman you love...and are married to? Probably yes. Definitely yes.

He walked towards her, pulled out the tablet from her arms and kept it on the coffee table. And finally he made his way upwards after carrying his sleeping wife into his arms.

It wasn't really great getting to know that if given another choice, your wife unconsciously chooses not to marry you. From everything she's ever blabbered in her sleep, this was his least favorite. And the list included her dreaming of a hot night with Salman Khan! Ok....probably a correction is needed. This is the second least favorite, hot dream with Salman stays on the top.

But after their small tiff at the office today and everything that's been happening since last few weeks, it isn't too surprising that she doesn't want to marry him. Good for him that they are already married.

Khushi - Uhhmm...

She shifted to the other side as he placed her on the bed and caressed the few hair strands on her face away. She looks so innocent and angelic, he can't just help but fall for her even more whenever he watches her sleep. Though an awake Khushi is a satisfying adventure, a sleeping Khushi is soothing. Meditation is overrated. Everything he needs is just watch his wife sleeping and all the stress just fades away.

After admiring her for a few more minutes, he made his way to the washroom to change into his night trousers. And just as he got into the bed beside her, she woke up with a jerk.

Khushi - Arnavji!? You came!?

Arnav - Ya, am here. Keep sleeping.

She sat up and switched the side lamp on instead. Having a look on the clock, she turned to look at him.

Khushi - It's 11 O'Clock. Did you come home now?

Arnav - Ya, the meeting got extended, so got a bit late. I messaged you. You didn't check it?

She just shrugged her shoulders. Actually she had been watching her daily soaps on that tab and dozed off on the couch.

Khushi - My phone did beep but I didn't check it. Anyway, did you eat?

Arnav - Am not hungry, but tired, let's just sleep.

She nodded in denial and got up clipping her open hair up before pulling the blanket off her husband to get him out of the bed.

Khushi - You may forget you're diabetic but I don't. Also I'm hungry. So just get up and come down with me.

* * *

"So you denied to marry me in your dream?"

He asked her casually while putting a morsel into his mouth and chewing on it slowly. She looked at him having no idea what he's speaking about but then got it eventually.

Khushi - At least in my dreams I'm smart enough. In fact, if I had a time machine, I'd go back and warn myself.

Arnav - So you regret marrying me!? I don't keep you happy!?

No. That wasn't true. Yes, he could be a jerk sometimes but he had taken care not to let that overpower his love. He'd given her all the respect and never tried to force her for anything. Trying to stop her from fasting, apologising for things she didn't even do, from never denying anyone for anything and few more small things, this had been all for her good only. He's always been supportive and caring, not to forget the wonderful damad he is.

No. She didn't regret marrying him. He does keep her happy. But even the most perfect man has flaws. Even Khushi's Laad Governor is a human only, and that too one with lots of self confident and a big ego. So she won't add onto that ego by answering the question. But she can't lie either. It'll hurt him if she says she regrets being married to him.