Savior

"We don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our path for a reason"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to very blurry images.

I saw red and blue lights everywhere.

Then black again.

*

I woke up again. Still in the same spot I was in. But this time with no lights.

What happened?

Everything that happened rushed in my mind when I heard Celestia whine in the back seat.

"C-Celestia!" Without thinking, I quickly unbuckled and crawled in the back to find a piece of glass lodged in her right hind leg. "Oh my gosh! Hold on!"

I tried to move the glass around to try to get it loose. She whined more.

Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. I didn't want to loose her. Celestia is like a child to me. I couldn't imagine life without her.

One last quick yank of the glass and it was out of her leg. She starts to cry.

"Shh... Shh... It's okay.. It's okay." I rip off some of my shirt and wrap it around her leg to slow down the bleeding. She wasn't crying anymore, which is good.

I look around and my car is tilted to the side some and it was ruined. Everything was broken. There was no way to get it back on its wheels. But I also noticed we were in the woods a bit. and there was a trail leading farther into it.

I look at Celestia then back into the woods.

If we're going to get out of this... We need to get out of this car.

"C'mon Celestia. we can do this..." I pick her up carefully and set her outside the window. (Since the car is leaning to the side, the ground wasn't too far out of reach.) And then I try to crawl out of the same space.

I eventually get out and I see that Celestia is trying to stand.

"No, no girl... You're going to hurt yourself even more! Let me carry you!" I pick her up, which, surprisingly, she was a bearable weight for a 4 year old husky.

I followed the trail into the woods for awhile until my legs started to give out. I set Celestia down and sit next to her.

"Sorry girl. I need to rest for a bit." I sat there and caught my breath until I was ready to go again.

Before I could pick her up again, I heard a groan and rustle of leaves.

I looked around and saw.... The thing. The creature that is terrorizing the world. I didn't really get a good look at them before, but now... It's up close and personal.

I started to back up slowly, I heard Celestia growl but she couldn't move. I looked around for anything... Anything that could help me.

Nothing.

I backed into a tree and I was cornered. I didn't know what to do I was frozen in fear. I didn't know what this thing will do to me. How much is this going to hurt. I don't know any of it. That is, until the thing collapsed right in front of me with a bullet hole through its head.

When it fell I was greeted by a face of a man with black hair (Much like mine) steal eyes and some torn up clothes.

"Almost got ya! You're lucky I was passin' through here for a resource run..." He turned and look towards Celestia who was trying to get up.

I ran to her and helped her.

"Woah! Careful! That dog could be infected!" That guy said drawing his gun back out.

"No, no no!! She's my dog! S-She's hurt! Please you have to help her!"

"Help a dog that's dying? Sorry sweatheart, but that's wasting precious resources.." He put his gun back in his holster that was attached to his belt, which was filled with lots of other things.

"What?! But she's not dying! I stopped the bleeding! She just needs stitched up! All I need is the things to do this with, then I'll be out of your hair!" I was practically begging him, and by the look on his face, he was enjoying this.

"Eh, I wouldn't give you a string for that dog... She's already dying. Mine as well just kill her already! It'd be good meat!" He reaches for his gun.

"No! I won't let you touch her!"

He pulls his hands away from his pocket "C'mon! You know how scarce food is now..."

"Wait... 'Now'?" I look around, the atmosphere feels different now that I stop and take it in. "How many days has it been since the outbreak?!" He jumps at my sudden question.

"Umm, probably about 3 or 4 days, why?" He says.

"I was in the car... for 4 days?!" I panicked.

"Car? What car?!" He response stepping closer to me.

I back up. "I... I crashed... On the day of the outbreak... One of the things walked in front of me and... I crashed.."

"Hmm... Where's your car?"

I pointed to the way I just came from. "Probably a few miles that way. I walked quite far.."

"And you've been out here with no weapon or suit to protect yourself?! You must have a death wish!" He rolled his eyes.

"Well I'm sorry! I didn't know I would crash and be stranded in the woods for a whole day!"

There was a short silence until he spoke.

"I have a place you and your dog can stay at until you learn to protect yourself."

"Huh?" I look at him, confused.

"You heard me." He smirked and looked down at Celestia. She growled a little.

He reached out his hand to let her smell it.

She started slightly nudging it, saying she's okay with him now.

"Alright... Follow me! We still have some ways to go, so prepare yourself." He said and started walking.

"Yay... Can't wait." (Note the sarcasm)

I picked up Celestia and started walking.