Stranger

"Never talk to strangers. That's what you're supposed to do. Right?"

~~~~~~~~

I need to go back. I can't survive out here. I can't leave Katelyn there by herself.

Why am I so stupid?!

I don't know where I am. All I know is that I'm avoiding large groups of walkers. That's the main objective. But I also need to find my way back to the shelter.

I hope for the best and turn around, in hopes that I didn't take too many turns.

~~~~~~~~~~

Celestia whines.

She's starving.

I am too. We only have eaten a small amount twice in the matter of 4 days.

Probably not smart in my part. And I'll take full blame for that. I'm just trying to save food.

"I know girl... Maybe... We can take a break and eat." I sit down on a near log. And take out the bag full of food.

I take out a can of beans, and stare at it for a minute. I sigh.

"We'll have to make a fire in order to heat this up." I set the can down and gather leaves, sticks and some rocks to make the fire.

After what seemed like forever, I finally got a spark to catch on the leaves. I wait until the fire gets bigger, then put the open can of beans next to the hottest part.

Celestia sniffs the can, eager to eat.

"Hold on girl. It'll be ready soon."

~~~~~~~~~

I feed Celestia half the can and I give myself the rest.

Celestia gets up from sitting and starts growling at a bush.

"What wrong?" I get up next to her and kneel down with her.

Everything gets quiet, with the occasional crackling of the fire. And the bristling of some bushes from a distance.

"Okay, stay low. It's probably a walker." I back away to my bag which holds my pistol.

"Bark Bark!" Celestia barks, and runs into the bushes.

I literally have a panic attack.

"Celestia!! No! Come back!" I run to the bushes, but don't run into it. "Celestia!"

I hear distance barks.

I look back at the camp then back into the woods.

"Hold on girl! I'm coming!" I run into the bushes listening for any sounds of a dog.

I eventually hear some barks and whines. My heart drops to my stomach.

"Celestia!" I clear out a patch of a bush and am greeted with Celestia on top of, and licking a person's face.

"Stop! Stop! Down girl!" The man said and trying to push the dog off of him.

It took me a second to process who it was.

"Aaron?!" His head shot up to look at me.

"Oh, hey." On queue, Celestia stops attacking his face and runs to me.

"What are you doing out here?!" He stood up and brushed himself off.

"Uh, just... Lookin' for resources." He nervously rubs his neck.

"Really? This far out? Do you even know where we are?"

"Yeah, just a few miles off the highway then walk up a few more miles up then you'll be there." He shrugs and I just look at him.