Prepare

"The future belongs to those who prepare for it today..."

*****************

A few days passed...

Nothing new happened lately.

Except the new addition to the house. Everyone is still weary of him. Especially since he wants to experiment with everything to try and make something 'new'.

I've been helping the best I can with the place, but I can't fix everything. And even if I want to change something, I have to ask.

So yeah... That's happening.

I continue to walk where ever my feet take me, until I'm stopped by someone calling my name.

"You're Aphmau, correct?" Someone with armor covering their whole body said.

"Yes..."

"The leader wants a word with you."

The leader? Aaron's father?

"Ok..." he starts to lead me to his office.

While walking, he gathered some other people and brought them along too.

We eventually reach the office. When we walk in, I see Aaron talking with his father.

"Ah, about time. Thank you R." He directs towards the guard.

He nods and walks out of the room.

The people I was bought to the room with, I noticed, were all the people from the hunting group.

Great... Is this another meeting about another resource hunt?!

"I ordered you all here today because there is a need for more resources.."

Knew it.

"Because of the amount of people, and the use of it through medicine, and other technical things, we need more." He said. And the group looked around, confused.

"But, sir... We exhausted all the resources around here. There isn't another town, or city, for miles." One of them spoke up.

"Then go there. We need to do everything we can to make sure these people don't turn on us." He slammed his fist on his desk. Aaron just stood there, ignoring what he could. (Occasionally looking over at us.)

"That trip would take us days! Even more than our regular trips! You are technically telling us to die!!" One of them argued. He didn't seem fazed.

"It's a suicide mission from the start, now, the only thing thats changed is the distance." He crossed his arms and started walking towards us. "And if you won't follow my rules then..." he pulls out a pistol from his back pocket, and cocks it.

"Get out."

I gulped and the guy nodded in submission.

"That's what I thought." He smiles and retracted the gun.

"You leave as soon as possible." He dismisses us and we leave. I take on last look at Aaron before I walk out.

Geez... What's going on?

~~~~~~~~

"So... We'll be out for... Awhile, this time..?" I asked Aaron, who was currently loading up extra guns and materials.

"Yeah." He said, and shoved a gun in a bag, which wasn't easy, as it was filled already.

I just nodded, and stood there for a minute before talking to him again.

"You need any help?"

"No." He said immediately.

"Okay..." I walked off and asked if anyone else needed help.

"Hey Garroth! You need any help?" I asked Garroth, he was also packing materials into a already full bag.

"Umm... No, I'm almost done. But thanks for the offer. What about you? Don't you need to pack?" He asked me.

"I got done packing an hour ago. You men are the ones who are taking forever!" I giggled and he laughed too.

"Well... We got more to pack..." He looked at me as he got done stuffing his bag.

"True...True..." I shrug.

"Okay! We're done! Let's go!" I hear Aaron yell from the other side of the room.

Alright...

Here we go.