Virus {Part 1}

"Aphmau? You in here?" I hear a voice, which I recognize as Kim's, as she knocks on the door.

"Yeah! I'm here..." I say sitting up from my laying down position. As I sit up she's already in the room.

"I overheard Victor getting you some pain medicine... Just be open-minded that... Two more people have died under his care..." My eyes widened.

"T-Two more?!"

"Yes... He is being taken out of the medical field for awhile until we get this situation under control."

I nod. Sitting back, wondering how I'm going to get fixed safely while all this is going on.

"Hello?" Another knock hits the door and another— unfamiliar— doctor comes in, "Are you Aphmau?"

"Yessir."

"Ah, good," He sorts out some papers on a counter and looks up at me, "The doctor assigned to you is taking a break for now. So, I'll be taking care of you."

"Oh, okay." He nods and looks over his papers he placed down.

"Okay, so it seems here that you have a wound... I gunshot wound. Is it bandaged?" He walks over to me and I nod.

"Good, good! Depending on how deep the puncture is, you might need some stitches," he says and gathers up his papers, "But until then, your previous doctor gave me this to give to you to help with the pain," He pulls out a pill bottle, filled halfway.

He hands them to me and I look over at Kim. Her expression goes to worried and she starts shaking her head 'no'.

~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Meanwhile, Aaron dropped off their supplies they got and went to his fathers' office. Although, he didn't want to, he had to tell him what happened during the run.

His father sighed, "How much did you all get?"

Aaron stays silent for a minute, then says, "We stopped at about 5 towns... They were really spread apart distance-wise, but there was a decent amount of supplies in them. And the last town we stopped at is when..."

Derek waves his hand up in the air, signaling he had enough.

"Yes, yes. I understand what happened then. But is that... Girl okay? Uh.."

"Aphmau. I don't know. I told her to go to the medical wing when we got here. Then I just came here."

Derek's eyes widen, "No, no! Everyone getting sent there recently have died! We can't have anyone else going in!" Aaron is taken aback by his sudden outburst, but continues to listen, "Go get her before something happens to her!

Aaron has to process the scene for a moment before he runs out to where he sent Aphmau.

As Aphmau takes the pills in her hand and looks at them for a minute before looking at Kim again.

"I don't know if those are made by Victor or not... But we think there was a shot he gave the patients and... That's how they died," She whispered, turning her attention to the doctor getting a cup of water for Aphmau to take the pill.

Aphmau nods and accepts the water from him. She puts it in her mouth and takes a sip of the water.

Just as she swallows, there is a loud knock on the door. Then, the door opens.

"Don't take it!!"

Not The World I knew ~ Aarmau Apocalypse StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara