The Days Out {Part 2}

We walk for more miles then I've ever walked in my lifetime. Everyone is starting to drag.

"Sir, Aaron.... We need to rest. Please... If we continue we won't have enough energy to search an entire town," Garroth says. We look up at Aaron, waiting for a response from him.

He sighs seeing us all barely moving, "Alright we'll take a break, but not very long. Trust me I don't want to be out here any more than you all do, but the sooner we get this done, the sooner we'll be back home." Aaron leads us towards an open area and we all just about collapse.

Just as I sit down my eyes start to close, and before I know it, I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~

My eyes start to open slowly and I see everyone asleep, a fire started and it's dark out.

I sit up, realizing I— and everyone else— slept for way longer than we should have.

I look around and find Aaron no where. I then hear shuffling behind me, so I stand and back up. Then, a zombie comes out, it's arms swinging from side to side, loosely, and its legs shuffling to move towards me.

I panic and find a gun where I was sitting and pick it up and aim it at the head of the walker.

Then I shoot it. Waking everyone who was sleeping, and probably alerting every zombie in a miles' radius.

That probably wasn't the smartest move.

"What the hell?!" One person said behind me.

"S-Sorry! I panicked! I wasn't thinking!" I turned towards them.

"Wait, where's Aaron?" Laurence said and everyone was starting to look around. But it wasn't until long til more walkers came out from the depths of the woods. We hurriedly gathered our things and ran because there was just too many for us to take on.

"W-Wait! We still need to find Aaron!" I yell at the others, but they keep running. I look back and search around for any signs of where Aaron was.

"Aphmau we don't have time! We need to leave!" Laurance comes up next to me, along with Garroth, "they are getting too close!"

They guided me away, but I was still looking back.

We run further until we see a small town. We run into it and hide in a house as we watch the horde walk by.

"So that's it then? Aaron's gone?" Someone said, and silence filled the room.

I sat down, heartbroken. I don't know why I feel this way, but tears started to boil up in my eyes.

"God dammit! How are we going to tell Mr. Lycan about this?! He'll have our heads!" Someone else said from the group, pacing around.

"Well... While we're here, why don't we look for supplies? This is a decent size house so, it might take while," Garroth suggested and we all nodded, "Good, now lets go."

By the time everyone was gone, I was still on the floor. I didn't want to get up, but I had to. So, I slowly got up and made my way to the front where the living room was and looked for anything that could be useful. As I look, I hear something fidgeting with the door knob on the front door. I turn my full attention to that door and drew out my weapon. Next thing, the door opened and revealed a man, which I recognized as Aaron as he turned towards me. My eyes widened, and I ran to him and hugged him. He was taken aback by the fast movement, but then he loosely held his arms around me.

"Oh my Irene, you're okay! What happened?! Are you hurt?! How did you survive?!" I ask a million questions before I could give thought to them.

"Okay.. Okay, calm down sweetheart... I'm fine. I was never in immediate danger... But for you all.." I let go and he looks up at the others who came to find what all the commotion was, "How did you get here?"

I scoff, "I could ask you the same thing! You had us-- me-- worried sick!"

He smirked and looked down at me, "You worried for me?"

My face grew hot and I backed away from him, "N-No! I mean, yes! Of course! We're a group! We have to stay with each other to survive!" I cross my arms.

He shrugs, "I guess, but none of you answered MY question," He looked at me, then at everyone else.

"Our camp was overrun my those damn zombies. So we ran here and... Here we are now," Laurance said.

Aaron nodded and looked at me, "You all fell asleep. So, I took it into my own hands and went out searching myself,"

"And you didn't wake us up?!" I interrupted.

He shook his head, "No, I knew you all were tired, and I thought I would be back before you all would notice. Anyways, let's get back on track. I still have three of these houses un-searched counting this one. So, Garroth, Laurance, you all check that one over there," He pointed to the house across from this one, "And you two, stay here and finish this one. Then me and Aph will take the one just next door," We nod and we leave to our assigned house.

~~~~~~~~

"You take upstairs, I'll stay down here," Aaron says, and I go up, keeping an eye out for any movement.

As I check, it seems clear and I look around. I eventually find a locked drawer, so that must mean there is something good in here, right?

I look around for a key or anything that could open it. I find a screwdriver on a desk in another room, then I head back to were the drawer was. Before I could use it, I hear slight shuffling in the closet behind me. I turn around and it stops. It doesn't continue for awhile, so I turn back to the drawer and try to pry it open with the tool. It opened it a little bit, so then I moved to my hands and pulled it until it opened all the way.

In it was a gun, bigger than a regular pistol, some ammo and a few cans of food. Perfect. I set my bag down and begin to put the stuff in it. Once I was done I stood up, but before I turned all the way around I hear a gun load behind me.

"Don't move."

I froze where I was. It wasn't a voice I recognized, it was lower than Aaron's and a lot more rough, like he hasn't drank anything in days.

"Don't yell or scream or do anything you will regret," I hear him slowly walk to the door to the room and shut it, "I saw you came with someone, so all I ask is for you to hand over the bag..."

I don't move at his command, instead I move my head to where I can see him.

He moves the gun up closer to me, and puts his finger on the trigger.

"Don't make me ask again..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Long time right? Well I am proud to say that I'm back! I finished "Forever Yours" and, sadly, discontinued "Cursed" If you want to know the reason, I explained it in that book itself.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me for this long while and I can't wait to see your reactions with this book!

Bia!~💙