New

"New places help us look at life differently."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk for awhile until we reach a building with stone walls and stone roof. Didn't look too bad for the world we live in now but, hey, it's something.

Celestia starts to growl in my arms. (And yes I carried her all the way here, which was like, a 5 mile walk.)

"Celestia? What's wrong girl?" She struggles in my arms, signaling she want's down. I set her down carefully. She sniffs the air and Recoils back into my legs. "What is it?"

"There's a lot of smells here. There's a lot of people here I should say. So that's probably what she smells." The stranger said and started walking towards the big building.

I reach down to pick up Celestia, but she starts to follow him. (But limps on the way.)

~~~~~~~

When we reach the main entrance (Which we had to go through layers of gates to get through.)

The stranger hits a button on the side of a door, then a keypad shows up. He presses the keys in a certain order and the door opens. We walk inside and see two guards blocking the rest of the way in.

"Who is this?" They both point to me.

"She's a survivor, not bitten, not infected, she needs some supplies." He says and the guards look at each other and nod and they let us in.

"Hold up!" One of the guards say and I look back to see what was wrong, and they got Celestia.

"Hey! Let her go! She's with me!" I say but they don't release her. "Hello?! Did you not hear me?! She's my dog! Unhand her!"

"It's bleeding, we need to take it in for an inspection!" One of the guards say as he rings into a walkie-talkie.

Celestia whines.

"No! You can't take her from me! She's mine!" I try to get her but the stranger grabs my shoulder and turns me towards him.

"She has an opened wound. It's protocol for them to check to see if she has any infections." He turns around and continues walking.

I turn back towards them and tie her to a lead. Celestia looks to me with that sad puppy look on her face.

"Don't worry girl, I wont be far. I'll be right her when you're done..." I say and her face brightens up a little and the doors shut.

"Are you coming or not?" I look behind me and see the guy standing there.

I wont lie, he does look intimidating.

Maybe scary a bit.

I just shake the thought off and continue to follow him.

"Why don't they do the same thing for humans?" I ask as we walk.

"What do you mean?" He says without making eye contact.

"Do that protocol for humans? Aren't humans more open than dogs to get this infection?"

"Heh, don't worry, they probably made a call in for you already. So when we get to the main area, the doctors will probably be waiting for you. And.. What makes you think that Humans can get infections faster than dogs?" He finally looks at me.

"Well~ I've seen many zombie movies... And... It seems humans get the virus faster than animals... So I was just wondering..." I say.

"Haha! Those are movies sweetheart. They aren't all true. This is real." Then the real reality of this finally hits me. We are in a apocalypse! A zombie run world! And...