FINALE: New Ideals

Aphmau's POV

The walk was quiet. There wasn't much conversation, besides from the group of people following behind.

There was also a lot of tension coming from Derek and Aaron. They're not even walking near each other.

I sigh and look over at Aaron who was walking next to me, then over at Derek.

"I know you two are not in the same terms right now, but, eventually you guys are going to have to talk to each other. You two are the leaders of... This.." I gesture to the whole crowd behind us as I talk to Aaron.

"I know. But I just can't get over the fact that he just... doesn't care. He was always like this... He always went out to business trips or just out in general to get away from everyone. He only cared about himself until all this started. Then that's when— I thought— he would change." He said. I thought back to the time when he told me about his mother and his sister.

"I... understand..." I say, and he looks at me, "Remember that one day when I snuck off to a neighborhood, and was in a closet when you came to look for me?" Aaron smirked, probably remembering that time, "When you found me, you told me when I remember why I was there... I should tell you..."

He smiled, "You remember now?"

"Well, I never forgot." I said and his expression dropped, and he waited for me to explain, "When I was younger, my dad wasn't really there most of the time. It wasn't until I was about to move out, that he actually started loving and caring for my mother and I." I pause, seeing if he wanted to say anything. But he didn't, "The days when I would go and visit them, were... relaxing. I finally got to see my dad laughing and talking with my mother.. and even me," I smile for a second, then it drops. Aaron seems to notice this, and he puts on a worried expression, "When I went back to their house... After I found you all; and didn't find them... I thought about the last time I saw them, the last time I spoke to them... I left so soon and I told them I would come back and visit them..." A tear made its way down my cheek.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Aaron hesitantly reach his arm up, but then put it back down.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to switch the subject to me," I wipe away my tears.

"No, it's fine. I can tell you wanted to get that off your shoulders for awhile. Plus, I told you about my family past, so I think we are even," he says. I smile at him.

"Look! There's a neighborhood!" One person behind us yelled out.

When I went to look forward, my heart skipped a beat. I remember this place all to well.

The neighborhood I grew up in, and the last one I remember going to.

Celestia let out a few barks and ran a few feet in front of me, like she remembered this place.

"Is this the place you were talking about?" Derek came up to me and asked.

"Yes. But it's probably been raided through already, since it's such a big and noticeable place," I respond and take a few steps forward.

"Then what are we waiting for? Lets get a move on!" Derek says and walks towards the neighborhood. But no one moves with him. He turns around and confusion fills his face, "What? Don't you all want a place to stay? Lets go!"

Aaron walks towards him, "We will. But there needs to be a change."

Derek looks at him and starts to laugh, "W-What?! What do you mean?! There are houses that need to be looked over! There isn't time for this!"

Aaron shakes his head, and I walk up with him.

"The change needs to be you."

"Huh?"