Pretend

"I can't forget, but I can pretend."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't think I'm ready for this, Celestia..." I say.

Yes. I am talking to my dog.

That's kinda the only option I have right now. Kim is trying to get a job with the doctors here. So she's busy doing that. And Aaron....

I don't know where he is.

He's probably getting ready for the hunt.

Which is what I'm getting ready for also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You ready?" Aaron asks.

"Yeah, totally!" I say and stretch out my arms.

"You don't look ready."

"Of course I am"

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"Okay fine! I'm not...." I just give up arguing with him. I know it's not gonna go anywhere.

He doesn't say anything. Just smirks.

"Alright. I want at least a box and a half of supplies from you all, we can't afford just a half a box this run... More people will die and get sick. And I can't have that."

Aaron's father paced back and forth across the room, telling us instructions on what and what not to do. But, none of these rules applied to me. I have a different plan.

"And please stay on course. I gave Aaron a map on where to go and what to search. Please stay on that route. I also don't need anymore of you all gone." I look over, and see Aaron looking don. He seems lost in thought. "Alright, that's all I need to say. Lets get a move on." He lead us to the exit of the building. We went in a room full with supplies and guns.

I got the armor I needed, but I as stuck on the gun part. Which one am I supposed to grab? All of them look the same!

"Here."

I turn around and is greeted with a small pistol thrown my way. I look at the object then back up.

"Um..."

"You looked like you were having trouble trying to pick one. So I got one for you." Aaron said. He picked up a big and slung it around hi shoulders. "You might want one of these too."

He threw a bag, probably slightly bigger than me, towards me.

"Gee, thanks..." I roll my eyes and put the bag over my shoulder.

He just smiled and lead me out of the building.

Hold on mom and dad...

I'm coming to find you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It feels like we've been walking for miles.

I am exhausted. I'm tired. And my legs feel as they are about to fall off.

"Where are we even going?" I whisper to Aaron.

"A small abandoned town that we found last run. Hopefully there will be some good stuff in there." He said. Keeping his gaze in front of him.

"How come you didn't search it last run?"

"Because we need orders from my father before we can do anything. So when we found it we went back, told him and he says if we take action or not." After all that he still hasn't looked at me.