Chapter One: Angel meets Demon

Leslie Anakin could not figure out how long she has been on a long case that was actually worth her time- two, maybe three weeks since the Major Weber has came to her for help. The young woman practically ran out the office to wet her toes, paper work has worn her out and she almost forgotten the smell of a crime scene. Then she remembered it did not smell great, it made her cringe and shiver; along with the site of the bloody body that laid in the middle of a large alleyway.

Taking a deep breath, Leslie placed her hands on her hips while looking down at the victim. A young woman, beaten to death after a long evening of work; the second stripper beaten to death that week. It was until now when she was called down with her new partner- a loud mouth Harlem native with no filter- she did not like him one bit.

"Another hooker." Miles Porter spoke out while stuffing his hands into his fifty dollar pants suit.

"Stripper." Leslie spoke up before bending down to remove the thick strains of the woman's brunette hair. "The stamp on her hand is from the strip club- Andrea's palace. She must of went through the front, probably was late to work."

"Andrea's is about four blocks away, why would she be beaten out here?"

Leslie did not answer immediately, only eyed the crime scene- taking in the fresh bruises, cuts, the head wound created by a sharp and heavy object. It was all a story in her head, pieces of plot forming inside her head until she came up with a reasonable explanation- one that would ride out until they gain more information. The detective stood to her feet with a heavy sigh before circling the body, the victim's pale skin blowed red and blue from the police lights, the sound of low chatter and cameras filled her ears, cars in the next block mixed in as well; all distractions that Leslie missed and love.

"She was dragged in the alley." Pointing towards the pink marking along the concrete that looks as if someone was dragging a box. The back of the woman's ankles were covered in sewage and tar and the missing heel that was near the dumpster with scraps of tar as well, indicating the detective of forced action. "Thrown in the dumpster, hit her head. The suspect is large, strong, preferably a man with a ring... Hey." Snapping her finger to the nearby forensic specialist. "Make sure you get the picture of the bruises, specifically the ones with the stamps imprinted in her skin."

Miles shuffled on his feet, all men were intimidated by Leslie's skills in pointing out the crime easily; however being that he never witnessed her skills personally, he couldn't believe the rumors. "How do you do it?"

"Do what?" She did not bother to glance up, their faces were all the same- shocked and fearful. That's how she lost her last partner, he couldn't handle being over rubbed by a woman that came into the department three years after him.

"You can just know."

"It's called observing, Detective Porter." Leslie knelt down once again to examine the victims face. "Does any one have ID?"

"Olivia Colts." An officer spoke out while flashing his light on the evidence bag holding the victims information. "Age twenty-one, she's an organ donor and she was a blonde."

"Obviously hiding." Leslie mumbled before looking up at Miles. "How much do you think a blonde stripper would make a night?"

Miles shrugged his shoulders, he stuffed his hands into the pantsuit while thinking of a good answer. "Five- six hundred a night, depends on the club. In Andrea's blondes are secret artifacts, hard to come by them."

"When we go back to the office, check the system to see if she has any warrants or was on witness protection. Olivia Colts." The young Detective had enough of seeing a dead body, even though she has seen one more than once a week. It always make her cringe to see a young defenseless woman that received the bad end of the stick. "I'll call you later on."