Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Loss of Many

The ice on her numb shoulder wasn't enough to decrease the fire bursting out of the Commissioner's mouth, like always the blame was put on Leslie- even if Agent Bruce was the one to lead this investigation. Of course, the detective didn't care about the harsh words Gordon was laying on her; being that she just witnessed her current lover run out of there with an obvious reason that he's the one to kill them.

Leslie still couldn't wrap her mind around it, especially the fact that he could of used her that whole time; she wouldn't even notice with all the romantic gestures and wonderful sex they've had. You can say the detective was hurt, but that was an understatement from what she's actually feeling- one of them being anger.

"...And another thing!."

"Commissioner Adam," Agent Bruce had enough of the yelling and he did not want Leslie to lose her job for killing her boss. "May I remind you that the FBI is leading the case, which means I am the one who took Detective Anakin and her partners inside that factory. Another thing for you sir, Detective Anakin was overthrown by a suspect that I did not get entail about. So in my perspective, the boss is always blamed."

The commissioner stopped his yelling and looked at the Agent head on, eyes narrow with anger as the council was now riding his ass because of the election, head held high and chest puffed out. "The director will know if this, for the mean time don't enact- stay put." The selfish inconsiderate old man stormed off the the black struck he came in, tugging on his party suit and adjust his tie before sliding in the back of the Mercedes truck. Leslie wanted to rip the brakes from the vehicle and watch them crash into a tree where it would burn. Even though the commissioner has tormented her for years to come, her hatred was for another person- someone she actually loves.

"You should go to the hospital, check that shoulder out. After that, come to the station- I need a statement." Agent Bruce ordered before leaving to speak to the swat chief who was kind enough to spare a team on this worthless day.

Leslie wanted to go home and figure all of this out, unfortunately her stomach started to give off indigestion- even though she hasn't eaten a full greasy meal in over a day. She nod her head in agreement, not knowing if she would be able to return to the station afterwards.

The hospital wasn't as crowded during the day, but Leslie still had to wait with a stomach ache and dull pain in her shoulder- nothing critical but it still weighed on her. D'Angelo. The name put a bitter taste on her tongue and heart ache worse than her stomach.

The detective sat in one of the private rooms, colder than a freezer and smelt of bleach with a hint of sickness. The dull pain on her shoulder were already examined, a small bruise that could go away with ice and ointment; however, the stomach pain was harder to detect. The doctor sat in front of Leslie while looking through her average medical file of a very active cop that grew up in a swamp with three brothers.

The old man sighed heavily while taking off his thin glasses in a dramatic sense. "You sure you never had these symptoms before. Especially not after a stressful moment or after you get in a relationship."

Leslie thought for a while before getting her answer, "No. I had a few indigestion after eating greasy food but never stomach aches. What's wrong? Is it stomach cancer? My grandfather had stage three stomach cancer before he died in a fire, but no one had any signs of cancer."

"No, not stomach cancer. More or less the symptoms of pregnancy, the indigestion is cramps, along with the aches. They occur as warning signs for stress, telling you to calm down while your blood pressure raises. You're not passed the twelve week mark, which means you're a higher risk of miscarriages."

Leslie closed her eyes and tilting her head up to the bright lights hanging from the ceiling. "Why is this happening to me?" She mumbled but the old doctor heard it loud and clear.