Chapter Twenty-Eight: Death of a Ice Queen

Leslie removed the black beanie and black sweater that would make her outfit a little suspicious, easily replacing it with a thin athletic gray jacket before exiting the car. Five news stations, ten cop cars, and an ambulance was stationed around the park fountain where Zeus aunt- Urala was found dead; neck snapped into twos while naked. Not exactly a pretty site to see an old woman naked and dead, but Leslie saw worse.

The detective crawled under the yellow tape after pushing through the thick crowd of nosy civilians and reporters. Miles was already there in his cheap suit (missing the tie) highly exhausted and irritated on how many bodies killed on their watch. "You just came from a run?"

Leslie looked down at her jogging outfit fit and remembered she put her hair into a messy ponytail as well. "Kinda. Who found her?"

"A couple- specifically a dog. No other witnesses or view of the murderer." Miles rolled his shoulders and huffed.

"Detectives." An old gray hair man stepped forward in his cheap suit and trench coat while displaying his FBI badge as if it were a trophy. "Agent Bruce, I'm working on the case."

"No partner?" Miles questioned, brows raised in confusion.

Agent Bruce put his badge away before answering Miles observation. "Lone Ranger. I've heard you two are no longer working the case, I was hoping I would have helping hands with it- especially when the two detectives already know what they're doing. Which one of you is Detective Anakin?"

Leslie raised her hand and took a deep breath, "The case was basically forced out of my hands by my commissioner, so it's all yours."

"I would still want you to be on the case, or at least give me tips on how to catch this person." The old man was really nice- oddly. It didn't matter to Leslie in the first place, as long she has a spot on the time.

"Thank you, for the position." Leslie dismissed herself by walking closer to the body. She could smell Chanel perfume and sulfur, "Sulfur?" The perfume could of been a ploy or an sick act from the kidnappers, but sulfur was an odd chemical to use on someone.

"What?" This time is was Agent Bruce who stepped forward, Miles was too busy trying not to fall asleep and/or tumble over on the concrete.

"Sulfur... I smell sulfur." Les face scrunched up in confusion while thinking of the places in the New York or New Jersey region that could hold a hint of sulfur. "Dammit, it's too late to think. I need food."

****

The detective hummed while taping her feet on the tile floor, stuffing her face with diner fries soaked in ketchup along with munching on a pickle to take a break from the fried potatoes. Agent Bruce eyed Leslie, taking in the amount of food that was quite unusual. "You didn't have lunch." Finally he spoke his thoughts before sipping his coke.

Leslie look down at the second tray of fries and the third pickle. "Not really." Actually she did, had a BLT with two bags of chips- still managed to have a bowl of ice cream and cookies. "Sorry."

"No need, I've seen it all before. What do you know about the case?"

Leslie did her best to wipe the ketchup off her fingers and swallowed the contents in her mouth. "Not much, we were close to finding a suspect but he went missing and his girlfriend- the only person that could tell us where he is."

Agent Bruce nod his head in understanding, "I would need the name of him and the girls phone."

"All in the reports and storage. I'm still on the sulfur... were there any factories that used sulfur?"