Chapter Thirty-One: Lamb to the Slaughter

"Zeus?" Leslie did not see that coming, definitely put it all together when the blonde 'distraught' businessman walked into the condo with his head held high and eyes dark with devious intentions, hands stuffed in his pants suit while looking her over- slowly. The detective took a seat once again to get herself together, the fact that's she's been played more than once was exhausting- it made her sick and actually left her speechless as she looked between the two men that were supposed to be good to the world but they're the true criminals in this situation. "Fuck," She mumbled at the dark red oak flooring.

Zeus chuckled lightly from the distressed look on Leslie's face before turning to David, "It seem like you took an extra route before getting here. What are you thinking bringing a cop into this?"

"She's in a much dipper whole than else, besides that's my business. All you need to worry about is making sure your cop is picking up my brother, the last thing I need is him running the streets longer than he's supposed to."

"They're on there way now, your brother took the very first flight out of Canada three hours ago, just landing now." Zeus took David's beer and chugged the rest down before taking a seat in his seat, still eyeing Leslie closely and then the weapons on the table. "Get rid of the weapons, she's very quick with her hands. By the way, this is awesome beer."

The bodybuilder took the command with a simple nod and grabbing the gun and pepper spray with no hesitation, he placed them on the kitchen counter- even if Leslie ran for them, three men were in her path to stop her.

David slowly rolled his eyes at the hierarchy that suddenly formed in the room, which told Leslie that the governor wasn't the one to pull this all together- more or less was convinced to play a huge role in this to receive a huge prize of senate. Leslie couldn't blame him, to just work hard as hell through the years to face the challenge of not being able to at least reach the goal of senate- it can make a person go crazy. "Let's not dabble on how good the beer is, we need to talk about plans. Like what the hell are we gonna do after this?"

"After what, exactly?" This time Leslie spoke up out of curiosity, the after plan was definitely not going to be good- she could sense it. Of course they ignored her, then the detective remembered she was a hostage and everything she does or say didn't matter at this point. Like David said, she was in the a deeper hole and there were no way out.

"Let's discuss when D'Angelo gets here," Zeus suggested, the eagerness to meet the man that made a former loyal proud detective of New York turn her back on her work and legacy to make herself different from her family. "How does it feel?"

Leslie knew his general question was for her, his tone was low with a form of smoothness to it- a tone she never heard before that escaped from his lips. "How what feel?"

"Crime. To me it feels like a spray if cool water on a very hot day in Phoenix- refreshing and pleasing, a sense of relief. How did you feel?"

Leslie went back to the time she lied and tampered with evidence, truthfully it felt adventurous with a hint of relief and a rush of adrenaline- it felt amazing. "Terrible, I wanted to throw up several times." Of course she didn't want to tell him the truth.

The front door opened once again, this time the bodyguard did not touch the doorknob and it was someone she expected... a man she was happy to see. D'Angelo stepped in with a short stubby cop behind him, wearing the quickest clothes he could find before leaving. He was breathing hard, the anxiety, fear, and adrenaline courses through his veins- making his heart work twice as hard and lungs expand wider. Relief coated his face once he saw Leslie unharmed and well, but hatred soon replaced it once eyeing David.

"What the fuck!" He stepped close, dangerously close for the both of them; ignoring the large bodyguard that did not strike fear into his heart.

Zeus stood to his feet by setting the beer onto the glass table and stepping to D'Angelo with his hand out for a shake. "Wonderful to meet you, D'Angelo. Leslie told me wonderful things about you."