Chapter Thirteen: Field Duty

The water felt heavenly on their skin, hot and steamy water that filled the small bathroom with a thick fog. Leslie was cradled in his arms, cheek to D'Angelo's chest after being lathered with soap by his hand, and she cleaning him. They shared many kisses, giggles and laughs- true laughs and joyful emotions that even D'Angelo have not felt in a long time. After the shower they dried off, oiled up and laid under the covers naked.

Leslie index finger glide slowly along his chest, feeling the light hairs upon his sternum. Not once did she close her eyes to sleep, D'Angelo certainly had no problem in taking a cat nap; his steady breathing and light snores filled the small room, chest rises and fell, and skin warm and soft with a smell of coconut oil and dove soap- just like Les.

However, the calm moment ended immediately from the annoying and loud alarm of hers that cost the sexy and adorable man jerk awake. Leslie reached over his naked body and turned off the alarm. The day was slowly turning into night by the second and the single lamp made the room dim in a romantic way.

D'Angelo ran his fingers through her curly hair as his lips stretched into a small smile, "Off to work, huh?"

Leslie nod her head yes while sitting up to the thigh oak headboard, the thin blanket fell to her lap, her breast exposed and perky- giving the handsome man a wonderful view. "Yes, right to the desk."

D'Angelo sat up as well, rolled his shoulders before ruffling up his already messy bed hair. "You'll get back out there soon, they need a good detective back out there to fight crime and arrest the bad guys." He gently tugged a few strains of her hair out of her face.

Leslie scoffed, "They want to fire me, well the commissioner and half of the department. My old partner, Nathaniel, envied my skills and the fact that I have boobs and a vagina. He managed to get half of the officers on his side and the Commissioner- well, his daughter is marrying my ex. She was the other woman for the past three months of Timothy and I relationship, and I kinda threatened to gauge her eyes out when I found out." She shrugged her shoulders and huffed in frustration. "I don't know, it's getting frustrating and I'm tired, sometimes I just want to give up." The detective slid out of bed and stormed into the bathroom.

Not once has Leslie said that out loud, she never even thought about quitting- it was never in her vocabulary. Then again, thinking about it a few times has sparked a form of relief inside Les chest. She wanted to cry from the negativity, the toxic thought lurking around in her head. Les grabbed the side of the sink and shuddered

"Honey," D walked into the bathroom and pulled her into a hug.

Leslie sobbed, tears of frustration coated his chest. "This is... this is not me. I-um." She pulled away and wiped the tears away. "I never cry, well never really in front of anyone else so... shit. I should get ready before I'm late, you should get dress."

D'Angelo did not want to drop it, nor leave just yet. "Look, I'm not gonna to fake like I know what the hell it feels like to be in your position. I'm a middle age 'white' male with wealth, even though I never had a good childhood; but you have to keep going. You love being a detective, I can see it and if you quit or step down; then that mean they'll win."

Leslie wiped her eyes once again before smiling, "Right, this white bastards won't get to me. No offense."

"None taken."

Her eyes raked over his naked body, cock swinging in the air as if it were a vine. "Put some clothes on slick, you'll catch a cold." She winked before nudging him out the door.

***

Leslie went for a coffee run before going into the office, the nearest place that still served coffee at seven in the evening was a small diner down the block. Unfortunately their coffee was trash, but it wasn't the toxic waste in the office. As the young detective walked back to her job, a vendor on the street stopped her, a local homeless guy she seen time to time and even gave her change to when she had some to spare. He was selling homemade jewelry- necklaces, bracelets and even copper rings- for men and women.