Chapter Twenty-Four: King of Gods

It was a invitation... that smile, the simple gesture from a man that means many things; lust, love, kindness, grace, and sarcasm. All were invitation of pleasure in many different forms. He smiled at her, made her blush and giggle like a school girl in heat. The timing was predictable, at her weakest moment when her date failed miserably; when all went wrong. D'Angelo gave her an invitation; kindness, lust, and grace the first time they met.

Leslie fell for him then and there, only now her love for the man ran deeper than water; it was more than sex and dinners, it was the fact of commitment- to have someone by your side through the worse moments, to warm you through cold and dark nights, to talk to you about their problems and ask for advice afterwards, to make you laugh, cry, feel upset, and love them again no matter what. Leslie felt that, the past fights with D'Angelo has put her in that same cycle.

The detective woke up to the wet and warm lips of her lover, kissing her soft skin; exposed chest, neck, jaw and stealing kisses as if she were sleeping beauty. Then again, she did wake up to see the love of her life. "What are you doing?" Her voice was low, raspy, with a hint of excitement in her tone. Leslie placed her small hands upon his hairy chest, playing with the soft strains of hair  and feeling the scorching hot skin.

"Just kissing you, I'm about to get dress and leave for the airport."

Leslie hummed and nod her head in understanding, "Have a safe flight, call me when you land." She went to turn, but his arm was latched around her latch around her waist.

"I was thinking..."

"You want to have sex. That's why you woke me up?"

"No, I can't just leave without saying goodbye."

Les hummed once again, this time pecking his lips and successfully turning her back on him. The detective could admit she's a little upset about him suddenly leaving, a day before her friend/co-workers gathering; everyone at the office would be there with their partners and wives. Then she would be all alone again to another gathering, the lonely female cop with no lover. The women would take pity on her, laugh with their husbands when they get home, and try to make a blind date with their pothead cousins. Leslie rolled her eyes at the familiar act.

D'Angelo sat up and leaned over her body, making sure not to crush her with his body weight. "See you later."

"I'll be here or in New York at least."

He kissed her cheek before crawling back out of bed, "Make sure you don't drink too much, you know how liquor affects your system."

Leslie rolled her eyes at his remark, "Don't drink too much, you know how liquor affects your system. Asshole." She mocked under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"You still upset?"

"Do I look upset?"

D walked over to her side of the bed while covering his chest with a thin long sleeve t-shirt that did not help cover his muscles. "You sound it." He sat in front of her stomach, his thumb glide against her pink plump lips formed into a frown. "Baby..."

"I'm fine, D'Angelo. Just tired and a little upset with work, not you."

"You're upset about you being kicked out of the mummy case." He stated. "Doesn't this case pay better, you said that."

"It does, but if they keep pushing me to different cases before I could even actually solve them... they're mocking me, the commissioner could do whatever he wants with me- all because his daughter is dating my ex and I kinda cursed her out in the past. But I was hurt, I was the one being betrayed, at least let me curse you out."