Chapter Ten: Commissioner Gordon

Leslie sat in the Major's office, leg crossed over the other, hair pinned into a tight bun, face radiant and also in a stern expression as she waited for the two old men to stop talking amongst themselves as if she weren't here. The commissioner was never her favorite boss of a boss, he was greedy, selfish, and has a plastic daughter that took her boyfriend- but Timothy would of left her anyway. He was basically another old white man that she could curse at nor arrest when they make her upset. She would call him Commissioner Gordon on how much he would used the bat signal to call for cops, even for he smallest things. He used his power for evil, not good.

Major Weber laughed at whatever nonsense that came from the old man's mouth, either it were sexist or plain rude, the major would still laugh because no one would want to be on the commissioner's bad side. They finally turned to Leslie, already forgotten she was in the room after ten minutes of laughing at inside jokes. The young detective didn't mind the wait, it took her more time to think of what to say. "Detective Anakin, Thank you got coming in early." The major said in his stern and also polite voice, even though the commissioner was sitting in his chair.

Commissioner Adam, a pain in the ass for the district and the devil. He made more deals with the opposite team than Loki made tricks, he has been under investigation three times and it all did not fall through. Leslie hated him before her daughter intervened on her former relationship. The old man locked his fingers together while studying Leslie, his thick gray brows that was in need of a good waxing- furrowed, thin lips became even thinner and his flappy chin wiggles when he breath. "Detective Anakin." His voice was raspy, as if he smoked two pounds worth of cigars on his way here. "I heard you were apart of the shoot out two nights ago."

"I was there, yes." Leslie said in a calm and soft voice that sounds like a whisper, however the office is known to carry out an echo.

"Detective Diaz is in the hospital for his leg injury, he will stay there for about a week or so. His fiancée is mourning over him as if he were dead, he could of been if it wasn't for the back fire of his own weapon. Why did you allow him to go in there alone?"

Leslie brows furrowed as well, still she did not raise her voice, even though her tummy stirred as if she just swallowed poison. "I did not, sir. I went ask for backup when Detective Diaz decided to go in by himself, I did not see him go in, I only heard the gunshots."

The commissioner was surly not convinced, her tapped his index fingers together as if the action would make her nervous, but Leslie had dealt with worse interrogations and left out with no sign of sweat. "You see, Detective Anakin. I do not believe you." The situation was critical, they had many cop shootings in investigation- half were on a regular stack out, while the other were basically assassinations.

Leslie sighed heavily and adjusted in her seat. "Are you suggesting that I was apart of Detective Diaz hit? That I planned to take him out."

"We did not say such a thing, Leslie." Major Weber stepped in, he took off his thin glasses that he now had to wear because of old age, and wiped them with a handkerchief. The cheap suit he wore was meant to impress the commissioner, but the selfish man did not give a damn about anything but himself and reputation. "We just trying to know what actually happened that night, to get every story before we go see Albert."

Leslie huffed in frustration, knowing seventy-five percent of men in this department would not believe her, even if they were on fire. The year of fighting and working hard to get where she is now slapped her in the face and laughed loudly. "Like I said, sir. I was putting in a call for backup when I heard the gunshots." She stuck with her story, mainly it was the truth and she didn't to back down.

The commissioner leaned back into the chair. "Very, Detective Anakin. You're dismissed."

Leslie was glad enough to jump out of the office with a cartwheel, but instead she walked. Her cubicle was surprisingly calling her name, if not on the streets than she would rather be there than the Major's office with that idiot. Miles was doing the same thing like he always did on a slow day, look through sports magazines and tossed the rubber ball around. She sat down in the rolling chair and immediately leaned back as the day yet not started but she was already tired.