Chapter 1

"Now what do you do (Y/n)?" Gothi asked, scribbling into the dirt.

"Uh...oh! You see how deep the cut is and make sure you stitch it up if you need to!" You replied.

"Correct. That's all for today. Get home to your family. Your mother may get a break from 6 children sometimes, but I'm not your mother." You chuckled, enjoying her hint of humor.

"Yeah, her and Dad have their hands full. Bye Gothi!"

"Goodbye." You left with a smile and hurried home. 

You lived on the outskirts of the village in one of the bigger houses. You needed it since you had a family of 8. Your father was also a higher respected man of the village so luckily you had the supplies you needed to sustain that many people. Your mother was a stay at home woman because she needed to keep the house from falling apart at the seams. You and your siblings always did what you could to make it easier for them. 

Well, all except your oldest sibling. Your snotty older sister to be exact. She hadn't been snotty until a few years back when you'd become 'prettier than her' in her own words. You didn't really know how to respond to that except, 'I don't know about that. You aren't any less beautiful Cala.' All she had done was huff at you and storm off. The rest of your family, other than your mother, was made of boys. 

You had been born quintuplets. First was Zane. He had brown hair, deep blue eyes, and was the 'oldest' of you five since he came first and you were all about 6 minutes apart from the next one. Next was Ash. He had black hair, deep green eyes, and a hair trigger temper. He was the second oldest. Then came Kent. Kent had light brown hair, red-ish brown eyes, and was the tallest of all of you. He was also the nerdiest one of the group, but still had great fighting skills and such since he was also slender and fast. Then came Carl. Carl had blond hair, bright blue eyes, and was by far the party animal of the group. He wasn't a bad boy though. He had a sweet, fun loving, and silly personality, making him the little brother in all of your eyes. Lastly was you. You were the daydreamer type. The only way to describe you is the sentence 'one of a kind'.

You coming last gave you the nickname, 'little sis'. Even though they were older than you, your parents said you had shown traits none of the others had. Overall you were a complex person with a special personality. You were just happy to be yourself.

You made it home and you were welcomed by you overprotective brother, Ash. Ash was the tough, but loyal boy of the family. He could get aggressive at times, but underneath was a caring person who would do anything for his loved ones.

"Hey, little sis. What took ya so long?" He asked with his signature grin. You rolled your eyes. Why is he always so weird? I wasn't that late!

"Gothi held me up a little. We needed to go over a more serious wound treatment today. Sorry I'm a little late." He ruffled your hair a little, clearly amused.

"It's alright. I just like knowing where you're at. You know I can't lose my little sister," He said, giving you a hug. You smiled and hugged back happily.

"And I can't lose any of my big brothers." 

After that you grabbed dinner after saying a quick hello to the rest of your family and hurried up to your room to work on your stuff. You ate while working on your daily notes of your medical training. After that you went back to sketching. You did it to pass the time. Soon enough it was time for bed, but, as everyone knows, sleep doesn't always last long in your village.

Third Person POV

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have... A boy slammed a door shut as a Monstrous Nightmare breathed fire at the door.