Chapter 2

You were finishing up treating a wound a little girl had gotten since her house had been attacked. Her arm was cut open and you had to patch it. Luckily, it hadn't been that deep of a cut and she'd done a good job at keeping dirt out of it. You cleaned the wound with some disinfectant and then you bandaged her up. She smiled at you, feeling better already.

"Thanks, Miss!" You chuckled, proud to be doing your job so well.

"You're welcome. Now hurry home."

"Bye!" She called and hurried off. 

"That's all for today it seems. Now it's your turn to hurry home." Gothi scribbled out. You shook your head.

"No. I'll stay. I'll help you clean up before I go." She gave you a thankful smile and then you both picked up together. You worked on cleaning the shelves and putting the supplies away while Gothi swept. It was looking good in no time. After that, you said goodbye to Gothi and left. 

You went home as fast as possible. When you got there you instantly went to check on Carl's wound. After it was clear that his wound was doing just fine, you had dinner with everyone. Then, your mother told you to stay as everyone else was dismissed. You stayed, wondering what this was about.

"So, (Y/n), your mother and I were talking today after the meeting and we decided it would be best if you joined dragon training with your brothers." Your father spoke up first, but you weren't happy with the news. Your head raced with worries and fears as you were quick to protest.

"Wait, what!? But I'm training with Gothi!" 

"We've talked to her and she said she'll have you in the morning every other day to balance it out. We've made sure you'll get enough sleep and still get enough training for both." Your mother added.

"But why do I need to learn how to kill dragons?" 

"Not necessarily. This is more so you can learn some more self-defense. If you do kill one, that's great!" Your father explained.

"We just want to make sure your safe and when you grow up you'll be ready if you ever need to fight. We know you don't really like killing things since you want to cure wounds and such, but we need to know you're capable of protecting yourself at the very least." She agreed. You understood that much of it. They weren't wrong in their reasoning, but that didn't completely banish your nerves.

"And your brothers will be there to help you. So will the other teens that are training." Your father told you, patting your shoulder. You smiled, that bit helping a lot more. If I have my brothers, I guess it won't be so bad. 

"Alright, I'll give it a shot." They smiled, clearly proud and thrilled with your answer.

"That's my girl. Tough just like her father." Your mother shot a glare at him. "And beautiful and brave just like her mother." He added with a laugh. She smiled, never having actually been upset with him.

"Better." You chuckled at the two, enjoying seeing them happy. They were always so stressed around the village thanks to having so much to do and help out with.

"Anyway, we have one more thing to talk about." Your dad continued, bringing back your confusion.

"What's that?" 

"We're leaving to try and find the dragon nest."

"What!? Are you crazy!? Those ships don't come back! You both know that!" You exclaimed, your heart racing even faster than before.

"Yes, we do, but we've already agreed to go with. We'll be careful, sweetheart. We promise." Your mother assured.

"While we're away, Zane is in charge. You'll listen to him won't you?"