Chapter 7

You watched most of the time as Hiccup trained in the arena. He was great with the dragons. The others, except Arrow, were all getting very impressed and chummy with him. After training you both went together to the cove. You were shocked as he had the gear for Nightshade. You both hooked her up together and you nervously climbed on.

"Are you ready to fly today, girl?" Hiccup smiled as he mounted Toothless. 

"Never flown with her before?"

"No, her wing needed to heal, remember?"

"Right. Well...follow us okay?" You nodded nervously. Nightshade looked unsure too. You pet her gently. 

"We can do this girl. If Hiccup can, then anyone can." Well, that might not be true, but I know we'll be fine. I trust him. I'm sure that he knows what he's doing. ...Actually, knowing Hiccup, this might not be smart at all, but I still trust him regardless. Nightshade looked determined and I forced myself to have faith like she did. Hiccup took off with Toothless. They hovered in the air for a moment.

"Come on!" You swallowed hard.

"Alright, Nightshade. Go, girl!" She ran, her legs pumping powerfully. You held on as she jumped. Her wings opened and she took off. "Whoa!" You held on tighter, shaking a little from the sock of it all. You swallowed hard, staring at the ground that was now feet below you. "H-Hiccup!" You yelped, refusing to loosen your grip.

"It's okay! It's okay! Just relax." He told you, trying to help you calm down. You swallowed again and closed your eyes. You slowly began to trust it and you heard him say, "Yeah! You can do it!" You began to smile, the thrill beginning to sink in.

"Ha!" You laughed happily. 

"Come on! Let's go on our first fly around the island together." You followed him and Nightshade. You were high in the sky minutes later.

"Hiccup! This is amazing!" He chuckled, clearly glad that you were enjoying yourself.

"Just be careful! This is your first time!"

"I can do this! Let's go!"

"Just stay with us, okay? Let's take this nice and slow bud!" He told some positions to Toothless and you followed him. Suddenly, as they were climbing, Toothless stopped and he fell off.

"Hiccup!" You both dove after the two of them, but you weren't going to catch him in time at this rate. "HICCUP!" He caught Toothless and they angled themselves. You gasped. They were headed for the rocks. You both couldn't pull up in time either. "Oh no!" You said. You sucked in your fear and went for it right alongside him. You both split up, dodging through the rocks and you emerged unharmed and saw him come out next to you. You were on cloud nine.

"YES!!"

"YEAH!!" Hiccup shouted. Toothless shot a fireball and Hiccup groaned, "Come on..." You laughed your head off as his hair stuck up, singed, and looking extremely silly.

"Ya look great Hiccup! Hahahahaha!" Nightshade looked at you and you shrieked as she rolled over, dumping you in the cold water. 

"Nightshade!" She laughed at you as did Hiccup and Toothless. You all landed and you hung out with them as the dragons ate their fill of fish. You chuckled and leaned against Hiccup. He looked over at you, but then he just looked back to the fish he had on the stick. You were pretty tired after the long day. Toothless offered Hiccup a fish.

"Uh...no thanks. I'm good." You opened your eyes a bit and smiled at the black dragon.

"He's amazing." Hiccup looked at you and then at Nightshade.