Chapter 10

Tom's POV

I backed into Tord's grip, Paul and Pat were scareing me.

"Tom, come here." Paul said calmly.

Tord tightened his grip. I shook my head no. Paul sighed and walked closer and grabbed my hand. He yanked me out of Tord's arms and dragged me away while Tord was kept away by Pat.

Paul brought me to a seperat room and handed me a book.

"Tom, remember when Tord went all crazy?" I nodded, "Well, it was a natural thing when it comes to his species. We have a book of all the known species of people like us."

"What are you?"

Paul sighed before poofing into a cloud of smoke. He reapered with wolf ears and tail. I got a flash back to the wolf in the forest, though I quickly pushed that incident out of my mind.

"I need you to read all of this book, especially the emperor dragon section." He looked back into the main aria, "That's what Tord is."

I nodded, "Got it!"

"Now, lets get back to Tord before he blows up." Paul chuckled.

We walked back to find Tord on all fours with his tail flicking back and fourth with smoke pouring out of his nose. Pat was in the air dive bombing him.

"Guys!" I called out. I got Tord's attention first. He scrambled to his feet and ran at me. He took me into his arms and scanned me to see if anything was out of place.  When there wasn't, Tord sighed and nuzzled me.

"Tord."

Tord flinched and turned around. Seeing Pat's angry face, it made him put on a fearful smile.

Pat looked at me, "Did Paul give you the book."

I nodded and showed him the species book. Tord looked at it confusedly.

Pat sighed and looked back at Tord, "You can let go now, he's perfectly safe."

Tord slowly let go, but he kept an arm around my waist. Paul walked over to us and smacked Tord in the back of his head.

"OWW!!" Tord yelped.

"That's for keeping Tom a secret from us." Paul laughed. Tord whimpered.

*time skip*

I sat in the corner of mine and Tord's room, reading the species book. Tord was completing some of his duties as prince. He asked me to lock the door while he was gone for some reason. I've found Edd and Matt's species. I just found Tord's species.

Emperor dragon

They are usually easily identifiable due to their large scail coverd tail and thin horns. They are stronger than most other species. One of their unique abilitys is being able to breath fire when they feel threatened or are angry enough.

The Emperor dragon species are extremely possessive and easily angered. Warning Emperor dragon species are territorial, so when met with another Emperor dragon, they go feral if they have a mate in a nearby aria (though, when both haveva mate, they cancel eachother out). This isn't very common since the Emperor dragon species are quite rare now a days.

The Emperor dragon species are extremely protective over their mates. If something/someone stood in the way of a Emperor dragon and their mate, they will be ripped apart undoubtedly. A Emperor dragon will always want to be by their mate, and they mate for life. If their mate is ever threatened, the let out a red glow and produce heat. They lose consciousness and let their instincts take over.

This is an intimidation tactic, if it doesn't work, they will obliterate any obstacle in their way.

How to tell if a Emperor dragon is angry:
•Tail starts to flick around
•faint growling can be heard.
•eyes and/or scails darken in color

How to tell if a Emperor dragon is happy:
• Emperor dragons will emit a loud purr
•overall completion is brighter

"Hmmm, interesting." I mumbled and closed the book. I stood up and stretched a bit before going over to the closet and changing into a softer kimono. 

I grabbed a fluffy one and sliped it on, it was one of Tord's so it was a bit big. It was a pastel red with a silk sash. It smelled like Tord as well. It had a slight smoke smell along with the faint sent of roses.

I snuggled into it. I heard faint steps outside the room, passerbys and workers.

I heard the door wiggle. I rurned my head over and saw a silhouette outside the paper door. It defiantly wasn't Tord. They kept trying to open the door. I quietly got up and hid in the closest. They kept trying to open it until they gave out a frustrated groan and I heard some paper rip. I stayed in the closet, out of sight.

I came out when I herd them walk away. There was a hole in the door. I let out a faint wimper. 'Hanna'

I sat on the bed and looked at my hands. 'Why dose she hate me so much?' I wondered.

A couple of minutes passed and I heard more footsteps then a gasp.

"Tom?!"

"Tord?"

"Why is there a hole in the door?! Are you ok?!" Tord asked frantically.

I took the pole out of the door's sliding track and slid open the door. Tord looked so worried. He hugged me and picked me up. He walked back into our room and shut the door. We sat down in a corner.

Tord started to check if I was ok, he cupped my check and examined my face while I leaned into his touch. He sighed and nuzzled into my neck.

"I see you found my soft kimono." Tord mumbled.

"I'll change if you want me to. I just wanted to wear something a bit more comfortable." I offered.

Tord nuzzled me more, "It's fine. You look cute in it."

I couldn't help but blush a little. "W-what are we going to do about the hole in the door."

Tord groaned and lifted his head up, "I'll see to it, I don't want anyone spying on us."

"Hmm." I layed on Tord's chest. He nuzzled his face into my hair and started to purr.

I smiled, he's happy.