Chapter 12

Tom's POV

My eyes opened and I saw Tord's slepping face. I smiled and snuggled into his chest.

I don't know why I acted so, for lack of a better word, emotionless. Now I feel so calm and happy.

Mood swings I guess.

Tord started to stir in his sleep. I looked at his face, discomfort written all over it. I looked at him confusedly before getting pulled back into his arms.

I sighed and snuggled into the grove of his neck. I wondered what we were going to do to day as I waited for Tord to wake up.

*Time skip*

Tord and I walked down the large corridors. A couple of the kids I always play with ran up and hugged me. They asked if I could play with them later, I asked Tord if I could. Tord nodded. The children cheered.

We walked down to Pat and Paul's throne rooms. Paul at Patrick where talking about something. When they noticed us they stopped.

"Tom, can you come here for a moment?" Pat asked. I nodded and walked to them, Tord following close behined.

"No, just Tom." Pat said looking at Tord. This made me flinch a little before I started walking again. I started to fiddle with my fingers.

Paul leand down and whispered in my ear. "Do you give us permission to test a theory on you?"

"What is it?"

"This will only hurt a bit."

That's all he said before Pat flew around me and jamed his thumb into the bottom of my skull where it meets the spine. I heard a snap. Then emence pain.

I hurt so bad. My vision clouded as I covered where they hit shakealy. I let out a pained scream and fell to my knees, still covering my neck. It felt like I was being stabed in the head and chest. I started leaking tears of pain.

I could barely hear or see. I only heard running and the sound of fire. I felt a pain in my tail bone. It spread to my legs and hands.

I can't see what's happening to me. I did feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I eventually passed out.

Tord's POV

Tom layed back in my arms. He looked different now. He had large purple horns and a tail peaking out frome the kimono. His hands were now claws and his feet were like wolf feet but flater.

I glared over at my parents. I could tell it sent shivers down their spines. Dad and papa started to walk towards us. I tightened my gip on Tom and let out a loud growl. I forced the fire in my lungs to fade so it wont escape.

"Tord, listen-" dad started.

"No! Why would you do something like this? I just started to trust you with him! Now you've hurt him!" Smoke poured from my nostrils.

"Tord, calm down! We were only testing a theory, and it was supported, partly anyways..." Papa yelled.

"What do you mean partly?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at them.

"That move was supost to fully transform into a monster, mabye he's a mut." Dad stated

"Don't call him a mut!" I yelled at them.

"Fine, half-breed."

I looked at Tom, he was in a deep sleep. His monster parts started to retract. He curled up and winced. I pulled him onto my lap and hugged him.

I heard dad and Papa talking, "I thought that species went extinct"

"I mean the last recorded one left for the human world and never came back, we can only assume they died."

Tom had fully reverted back by now. He was still curled up in my arms. I gently shook him. His eyes flutterd open and he looked at me.

"Tordy, I'm sore." Tom groaned sitting up and gripping his hands.

"I sorry for what they did..." I said nuzzling into Tom's cheek.

"I'll be fine. I just hope the don't do it again."

"Hear that parents? Don't do it again!" I growled at Papa and dad. They looked down in shame.

I helped Tom up. He said his legs hurt as well as his rear, this just gave me dirty thoughts. My face flushed a dark red but I tried to hide it the best of my ability. Apparently my parents saw it and started giggling. Ugh, I'm so embarrassed, stupid dirty mind.

*Time skip*

I stayed with Tom 24/7 during the peach festival's preparation. I constantly see Hanna around and that scares me.

She seems to be laying low, preparing for the Peach Festival as well. I just hope she isn't planning anyting.... Tom and I have been getting a lot closer, if that's even possible. I feel like bringing up the question about... becoming my official mate, but it's still up in the air, even though I really wanted to say yes.

I love him with all my heart. I just don't want him to get taken away from me. I've been feeling really tence lately, probably just everything with Hanna and the peach festival.

Tom and I were in our room snuggling. I was a little bit anxious about asking Tom about the whole mate thing, I mean, my species mates for life. I just don't know if he wants that kind of commitment.

Tom seemed to notice the uncomfortable aura around me. He sat up on my lap and kissed my nose.

It snapped me out of my thoughts. He pulled away. I sat up straight and leaned foward, capturing Tom's soft lips. We moved in perfect harmony.

My hand slithered around Tom's waist as my other hand was behinde Tom's head. I pushed his head forward, deepening the kiss.

We pulled back and I looked Tom in the eyes.

"H-hey Tommy, i-i've been meaning to ask you..." I paused.

"D-do you want to be my official mate?" I asked blushing and looked down.

I felt Tom's hand lift my head up to look at him. A soft smile decorated his lips. He leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I froze at first, but melted into the kiss as Tom wrapped his legs around my waist. I pushed closer until Tom was on the floor and I was over him.

Tom cupped both of my cheeks while my hands explored his waist. We pulled back for air, a string of saliva connecting our lips. We panted heavily. A smile spread across our lips.

Tom pulled himself closer to me, "I thought we already were."