Chapter 1: A New Position

"I can't believe Professor Snape survived… I thought for sure he had died right there in the shrieking shack." Hermione mused to herself but let Harry and Ron hear her thoughts as she read the Daily Prophet. She nibbled on her toast, not really hungry, "It says he will be returning to Hogwarts to teach Potions… refusing any awards or titles that the ministry wanted to give."

Harry and Ron didn't seem to be paying much attention as they ran back and forth between the dining room, kitchen and living room of the burrow, getting ready for their first day of their apprenticeship. After the war Harry had been given the honors of being a part of the Order of Merlin, First Class which ensured him a spot to be an auror. Because of this title, he was also easily able to get Ron into the apprenticeship with him as well as Hermione.

"Really?" Ron asked with a mouth full of toast and jam, more astonished than concerned, "I'm sure the students were bloody horrified that he went back to teaching."

She frowned, "He saved Harry's life so many times… not to mention our own! You should care more about him… he was probably the bravest wizard in the war."

Harry slid into a seat hurriedly, next to Hermione and grabbed a piece of toast not bothering to butter it or put jam on it, he stuffed it in his mouth and started to tie shoes, "No offense Hermione, but as much as we do owe our lives to Snape and we are very grateful to him for it, that's not really what we are focused on at the moment…" he was referring their internship at the Ministry.

Hermione smiled at this, "Are you two nervous about today? You guys will do great, I just know it!"

"I still can't believe that after Harry got us a chance to be an Auror, you turned it down! You would make a much greater one than Harry and I combined… after all we went through in our years at Hogwarts…" Ron sighed, turning to Harry, "Girls… they are just bloody confusing."

Smiling, Harry stood up, a little too fast and excited, "Well I think we should be going now," he and Ron turned towards the fireplace to floo to the Ministry and froze when a certain red headed girl walked in to the dining room.

"Harry Potter! Where do you think you are going?"

Harry slowly turned around, looking embarrassed, "Um… nowhere Gin."

She sighed, frustrated, "This is the third time you have tried to leave this morning… you do know that you don't have to be to work for another half hour?"

Without speaking the two boys sunk into chairs with a loud thud simultaneously next to Hermione. Ginny sat opposite of the trio, "I don't think I have ever seen you two so excited and nervous at the same time since a Quidditch game day."

Hermione laughed, "Of course."

Ron sighed and leaned his head on his folded arms on the table, "'Mione? Can you tell Ginny to bug off and let us go?"

Trying to pass the time, Harry picked up the Daily Prophet that Hermione had set down and he started to scan the paper, "Since when did Hogwarts have an apprenticeship program?"

Hermione immediately stopped her conversation with Ginny and snatched the paper out of Harry's hands, "What? Where did you see that?"

Harry pointed to the small ad at the bottom, "Just there."

She held up the paper a few inches from her face trying to soak in all the information listed, "This is perfect! I always wanted to teach at Hogwarts! Perhaps I can enquire for an internship!"

Smiling, Ginny leaned over the table to get a glance at the paper, "That's wonderful! If you can get an apprenticeship there, then I will be able to see you every day! I won't have to leave you to finish school!"